Author Topic: Kitchen on San Marco is done.  (Read 1150 times)

sanmarcomatt

Kitchen on San Marco is done.
« on: November 15, 2017, 11:54:32 AM »
http://jacksonville.com/business/2017-11-15/kitchen-san-marco-closes

Irma finished them off. Too bad as their location should be pretty sweet once the Cancer Center is finished.

I have to admit we never went there. Tried it a couple of times  and wasn't thrilled. Too many better immediate options for us.

Tacachale

Re: Kitchen on San Marco is done.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 11:55:41 AM »
We went a few times. Sad to see them go. Hopefully something else will take over the spot, it's really well located.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 12:04:18 PM »
We went a few times. Sad to see them go. Hopefully something else will take over the spot, it's really well located.

As I think about it, I was a little harsh. If I recall, I think it was pretty good but we just never ended up  there. It wasn't really walkable for us which makes a huge difference for us. It didn't fall into the "worth the drive category".

Murder_me_Rachel

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 04:02:58 PM »

As I think about it, I was a little harsh. If I recall, I think it was pretty good but we just never ended up  there. It wasn't really walkable for us which makes a huge difference for us. It didn't fall into the "worth the drive category".

The food was good and it was a good experiment, with the student cooks/chefs and all.  I dont know why they couldn't ever get the necessary traffic.  We went there with a work group like 3-4 months ago and it was dead, but the food and service were good.  Hope something good goes in there.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 05:23:52 PM »

The food was good and it was a good experiment, with the student cooks/chefs and all.  I dont know why they couldn't ever get the necessary traffic.  We went there with a work group like 3-4 months ago and it was dead, but the food and service were good.  Hope something good goes in there.

Great. Now I feel guilty for not supporting them.

Tacachale

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 05:36:27 PM »
Come to think of it, it was always slow when I was in there too. We always had good food and service. Maybe it was the competition in the neighborhood. They were competing with Aix, Matthews, Taverna, and more recently Town Hall. Especially since 3 of those are right in or near the square. The walking distance probably a factor for us too.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

jaxrox

• Juno Who
    • Personal Page  FOLLOW ME IF YOU DARE
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 05:41:00 PM »

Great. Now I feel guilty for not supporting them.
Me too bcuz I never made it out to that one and now it's too late

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 06:02:56 PM »
I went there a couple of times and was never dissatisfied with them. The location will be a great one when the cancer center across the street opens.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Scarlettjax

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 06:34:50 PM »
I went once - It was really good.   Sorry to see them go.  I was hoping to return when they reopened.

MusicMan

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2017, 05:05:50 PM »
Hey, somebody tell Al Mansur.  Flying Iguana would be a nice fit there, or something similar.

I know he wanted to go into the Square but this might be better in the long run.