Author Topic: River and Post Opening Monday  (Read 7572 times)

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
Re: River and Post Opening Monday
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2017, 12:13:31 PM »
I will be going next Saturday...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

RiversideRambler

acme54321

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2018, 12:45:26 PM »
The reviews I heard from friends were both that it was a decent place but the food wasn't anything to write home about.  Maybe they are trying to change that?

dp8541

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2018, 01:23:29 PM »
The reviews I heard from friends were both that it was a decent place but the food wasn't anything to write home about.  Maybe they are trying to change that?

That is basically my experience there.  Went twice for dinner and both times the service was a little sub par, and the food was just ok, with prices similar to Orsay or Blacksheep.  The build out downstairs did look good (love the fish tank).  Hopefully this change is just attempting to improve in some of the areas where they have not been receiving positive feed back (food qualify and service). 

The rooftop on the other hand is amazing.  You definitely do not feel like you are in Jacksonville up there.

acme54321

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2018, 02:18:14 PM »
Do they have full service on the roof or just bar?

jax_hwy_engineer

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2018, 02:35:39 PM »
Bar only wit a few snacks on the rooftop. I believe it's open 4pm-late most days. Their cocktails are good up there! Such a sweet view of the city, too

JaxAvondale

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2018, 03:02:29 PM »
I have been twice. I thought the service was pretty good both times that I was there. I would agree with the food. It was fine but nothing memorable.

RiversideRambler

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2018, 03:23:38 PM »
I'm surprised to hear that about the food since the original executive chef seemed so accomplished and came in with a lot of excitement. I'm interested to see how the menu will change with the new executive chef.

markees

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2018, 05:50:49 PM »
Now this is probably the greatest idea I heard all day. I love River&Post but every time I bring any of my friends they all say the same thing. "The food is unreasonably priced for how bad the food is". Hopefully this change will go across the board. I'm pretty excited about this. PLUS WE FINALLY WILL HAVE A ROOFTOP BRUNCH PLACE OLE GLORY LOL 
DTWD

dp8541

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2018, 05:55:16 PM »
Now this is probably the greatest idea I heard all day. I love River&Post but every time I bring any of my friends they all say the same thing. "The food is unreasonably priced for how bad the food is". Hopefully this change will go across the board. I'm pretty excited about this. PLUS WE FINALLY WILL HAVE A ROOFTOP BRUNCH PLACE OLE GLORY LOL

Article says only a blood mary bar with mimosas, so still likely no food with table service on the rooftop.  Check out blacksheeps rooftop for a great brunch menu

markees

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2018, 09:00:44 PM »
Yea which makes sense because there isn't much space up there.
DTWD

remc86007

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2018, 10:07:52 AM »
Interesting to hear the mediocre reviews of the food. I've been twice (once for lunch and once for dinner) and thought the food was fantastic both times. Maybe I just got lucky and ordered the right thing.

They seem to have plenty of business. I called for reservations in the early afternoon two Fridays ago and the earliest reservation was for 9:15. We went anyway to see if we could get a spot on the rooftop for a drink and it was full with people waiting for seats.

sanmarcomatt

• Mayor of The Coffee District
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2018, 07:20:48 AM »
We finally made it to River and Post  as part of a group last night. For the restaurant, the food was ok and the service comically bad. We don't get together very often so it was mostly about the conversation anyway. And, considering it was so busy, I thought the noise level was conversation-friendly. I give it Popular chain quality/vibe meets "see and be seen". It seems to be a winning combination as we were there a long time and it was busy throughout. It is nice to see it doing so well and would probably come back in a group setting but never as a couple.

We only got up to the Rooftop for drinks prior to dinner but that is a great space with fantastic views. I can understand why it is so popular. Great to see a spot like that in Jax.

JaxAvondale

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2018, 08:44:06 AM »
I was there a few weeks ago with a group for dinner and I had a similar review. I go there for lunch quite a bit. The service seems much better during lunch.