Author Topic: Downtown Construction Update - October 2008  (Read 3281 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Downtown Construction Update - October 2008
« on: October 14, 2008, 04:00:00 AM »
Downtown Construction Update - October 2008

A look at the status of various projects under construction in and around Downtown during the month of October.

Full Article
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/content/view/919

Developing101

Re: Downtown Construction Update - October 2008
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 07:18:50 AM »
How about some shots of the new Bold City Brewery?  It sounds like they renovated an old warehouse somewhere close to downtown?  They just had the grand opening last Saturday.

Any idea who the architect is for the Wolfson project?

We really need to break ground on some new projects...  Bay Street Station - who is designing this one?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 07:35:26 AM »
Regarding Bold City Brewery, we do need to get back over there for another photo update.  Most of the work done there was on the interior.  Here are two photo articles we ran about Bold City a few months ago.

http://www.metrojacksonville.com/content/view/840/122/

http://www.metrojacksonville.com/content/view/797/122/

The architecture firm designing the Wolfson project is Stanley Beaman & Sears Architecture & Interiors of Atlanta, Georgia.  Use the link below to view more renderings, models and plans of this particular project.

http://www.metrojacksonville.com/content/view/829/122/

Phillips Partnership, out of Atlanta, is the architecture firm for Bay Street Station.  However, this project is pretty conceptual so it will be a while before any ground is broken.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

TREE4309

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 10:31:16 AM »
Where can I find some more information on the Liberty Lofts in Springfield?

Jason

• Global Moderator
  • I am the man in the box...
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 10:40:23 AM »
I have to say, the city has thrown down on a top notch renovation for the new annex.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 10:50:42 AM »
Its looking good, but I am hurt to see that the historic commission allowed them to fill in the ground level storefronts.  Its tough to tell the private sector to design one way but allow the city to get around those same rules.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
  • Monster of Mobility! Ocklawaha is Robert Mann
    • LIGHT RAIL JACKSONVILLE
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 11:03:43 AM »
Anyone that hasn't seen them in person, the 3Rd and Main and that 1536 Hendricks Avenue building are both a couple of pieces of beautiful work. They fit the neighborhood, seem to be well built and IMO are great examples of how to do a retro building without breaking the bank.

The only improvement I could think of was for the City to add heritage Trolley out front... But hey - can't have EVERYTHING.

OCKLAWAHA

Seraphs

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 06:30:16 PM »
Anyone that hasn't seen them in person, the 3Rd and Main and that 1536 Hendricks Avenue building are both a couple of pieces of beautiful work. They fit the neighborhood, seem to be well built and IMO are great examples of how to do a retro building without breaking the bank.

The only improvement I could think of was for the City to add heritage Trolley out front... But hey - can't have EVERYTHING.

OCKLAWAHA
Actually, I haven't seen them.  But after reading your many, many post and knowing your discriminating taste and style I will take your word, but I am anxious to see them for myself.

Jason

• Global Moderator
  • I am the man in the box...
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 08:59:26 AM »
Its looking good, but I am hurt to see that the historic commission allowed them to fill in the ground level storefronts.  Its tough to tell the private sector to design one way but allow the city to get around those same rules.

No doubt.  The city did drop the ball on the storefronts.

GatorShane

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 05:54:16 PM »
Great Pics! I hope they put some neon on top of Kings Avenue Station, Also, is that sculpture near the library a permanent fixture? Pretty cool!

jeh1980

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 05:28:43 AM »
Has the Berkman 2 resume construction yet?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 08:05:46 AM »
Great Pics! I hope they put some neon on top of Kings Avenue Station, Also, is that sculpture near the library a permanent fixture? Pretty cool!

Yes, the sculpture near the library is a permanent fixture.  It definately looks better there than it did at the old location.
Has the Berkman 2 resume construction yet?

Not yet.

Nikki

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2008, 09:07:12 PM »
Hello I'm new to the Jacksonville are but definitely a stranger to the south.  I'm originally from GA but have been in the NE for many years.  I just want to appreciate the SPAR area for it's beauty and reminder of my City which I so loved and miss.  I would really like to get involved in this community if anyone would be so gracious to offer an opening it would be greatly appreciated.......I moved from a neighborhood very similar to this one in MD/DC but I missed the boat - I would really love to make this one.

ciao,