Author Topic: The Streak Is Over!!  (Read 7589 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Re: The Streak Is Over!!
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2017, 11:58:27 AM »
LOL, I'm pretty good seeing UM's list of signed recruits this month. No one is panicking in South Florida. We're actually thrilled to be getting grown men committing to the U again. Much better situation in Coral Gables right now as opposed to pinning your hopes on an unproven coach and entertaining the silly notion of Prime Time being an assistant coach!

As for the game last night, meh. Not only was it Rosier's last start at QB but then remove his top RB, WR and TE from the line-up and shank two FG attempts by a normally solid kicker. Yeah, wasn't really expecting Rosier to turn into Dan Marino when he's been a pumpkin for most of the season. Knowing that critical depth is finally on the way (we finally got our full scholarships back after the Shapiro stuff!) and that at least two QBs should beat out Rosier next year along with 5-star RBs, WRs and TEs coming in, it's not the most depressing thing to lose by 10 to the number 6 team in the nation (who I could have sworn that fast RB of their's is just as black as I am ;-)).

At the end of the day, it could be a lot worse. Just imagine being a team that reschedules a game against a doormat like Delaware State just to get to Shreveport. Then pinning your hopes on an unproven coach being the guy to get past Clemson!

This kid looks 30. Wait to he adds his freshman 15! Watch those 3rd and shorts become much easier to pick up! Excited to have high school kids looking like this coming to UM again! Beats what Golden was pulling in.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 11:59:59 AM by thelakelander »
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2018, 01:11:24 PM »
Should FSU fans make an investment in Kimberly-Clark? I hear they make a pretty good product that can soak up Seminole tears.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

KenFSU

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2018, 01:54:52 PM »
TOO SOON.

JPalmer

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2018, 02:07:34 PM »
I wish I could agree with resilience Ken, Bless your heart.

RattlerGator

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2018, 09:06:17 AM »
I wanted Willie in Gainesville, and openly campaigned for him to get our job.

Oopsie !!!

#SuperHappyWithDanMullen

I never would have imagined what has happened in Tallahassee and am incredibly thankful it isn't happening in Orange and Blue Heaven.

MusicMan

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2018, 09:59:35 PM »
"The Streak is Over!!"

Ennis, probably never thought that would also apply to Kentucky beating the Gators, huh?  And in Orange and Blue Heaven, no less.

This will be a season of streaks, and none of them will be good for the Gators.

Enjoy Dan Mullen, RG.  He won't be around for long!

KenFSU

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2018, 10:29:08 PM »
I wish I could agree with resilience Ken, Bless your heart.

Actually, I meant it was TOO SOON for Ennis to be making jokes about Seminole tears.

I think the timing is PERFECT to end the Willie Taggart experiment.

Gulf Coast offense, besides not being a thing, apparently means running bubble screens for a loss 40 times a game.

I get weird Gus Bradley vibes from him.

Ya ya, you've got to get him time to recruit and build his system with his players, but at this rate, he's going to risk doing real damage to the program and future recruitment.

If we look this bad by the end of the season, a $20 million buyout might be a bargain.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2018, 10:44:17 PM »
The Gulf Coast offense is a real thing. FAMU used to run it back in the late 1990s and early 2000s with Coach Billy Joe. It put Quinn Gray in the NFL. Unfortunately, FSU is lacking the necessary talent. Btw, love the backpack. It's intimidating ;D

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2018, 05:18:07 PM »

Soon.......

I-10east

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2018, 06:50:09 PM »
I suddenly see an uprising of Cane fans here in Jax (flying car flags etc). In the 90s, the Canes were a big bandwagon team in Jax; I remember going to Raines ('92 to '96 era) and seeing many students wearing Hurricanes, Tar Heels and Hoyas gear. Then that died down when the Gators starting winning around the Spurrier era. Now the Canes fans are back representing!

KenFSU

« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2018, 09:24:02 PM »
Can a moderator please close this thread?

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2018, 07:39:29 AM »
Lol...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2018, 08:38:38 AM »
Lol, I'm loving this Taggert guy. Let's lock him under contract for another 50 years. It's feeling like the Chris Rix era! I can't wait to live stream FSU sports radio tomorrow at work!

MusicMan

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2018, 11:43:49 AM »
The Noles whipped Miami's ass.  Hard to beat a good team AND the officials.

The review official spent 4 minutes reviewing an inconsequential (incomplete) pass to overturn a call on the field but would not review a beautifully executed "trick play" touchdown for the Noles that would have put them up big in the 4th quarter.  The still photos show it was a legal play. 

I know the Canes got the 'W' but the Noles won on the field.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2018, 01:53:58 PM »
Lol I hope that makes Noles fans feel better  ;D ;D