Author Topic: The Streak Is Over!!  (Read 3360 times)

tufsu1

Re: The Streak Is Over!!
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2017, 03:19:43 PM »
Wow Lake. Willie Taggart coming to FSU is the worst possible nightmare for UF and da U.  He's one of the very best recruiters in College Football and he will get the kids he wants. 

Lake does not believe this - his UM fogged-glasses (Miami talk radio) tells him that Taggart is a bad hire because he has only one 10-win season in his coaching career.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2017, 03:45:18 PM »
Yeah, no one in Miami is scared of Taggard, FSU or UF. Taggard is Randy Shannon 2.0....not Nick Saban. We're raking in decommitted FSU recruits left and right. Rosier better enjoy this bowl game against Wisconsin. There will be a QB back there that can complete a pass next year. There's a group of studs headed down south to touch the turnover chain.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

MusicMan

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2017, 05:17:09 PM »
Next October, we shall see.

Oh yeah. And da U STILL hasn't won a single ACC Championship. 

38-3    Really?

SMH 8)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 05:29:22 PM by MusicMan »

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2017, 06:17:33 PM »
I'm fine with the five real rings. Probation is over and we're finally getting back all of our scholarships. The future is bright in Coral Gables. Definitely not sweating bullets over Taggert and Mullen attempting to jump start the state's 5th and 6th best D-1 programs. ;D
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

MusicMan

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2017, 03:02:27 PM »
Lake I'm gonna go out on a limb here.  I'll bet you lunch at Gilbert's Social that Willie Taggart will win a National Championship at FSU before Mark Richt will win one at da U.

Bet?

Gators312

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2017, 03:09:56 PM »
Wow Lake. Willie Taggart coming to FSU is the worst possible nightmare for UF and da U.  He's one of the very best recruiters in College Football and he will get the kids he wants. 

Lake does not believe this - his UM fogged-glasses (Miami talk radio) tells him that Taggart is a bad hire because he has only one 10-win season in his coaching career.

I think it's a bit hyperbolic and probably wishful thinking at that.....What were Jimbo's last five classes ranked?  Top 3 Avg?  How much better is Taggart really gonna be? 

Florida and Miami both have HCs wearing NC rings, and they know what it's like to be a part of Championship teams. 

Sure Willie will do fine with what Jimbo left, but I don't really understand this FSU arrogance of acting like Willie's resume isn't a step down from Jimbo's resume. 

camarocane

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2017, 03:38:58 PM »
Lake I'm gonna go out on a limb here.  I'll bet you lunch at Gilbert's Social that Willie Taggart will win a National Championship at FSU before Mark Richt will win one at da U.

Bet?

If not for Jimbo's recruits, I'd be willing to bet Taggart will be canned before he wins an ACCCG. However I still think FSU is loaded with talent and could  make a run in the next two years.

MusicMan

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2017, 06:14:31 PM »
Kirby Smart would argue with you.  2nd year Head Coach and achieved more than Mark Richt in 20 years.

Funny. Richt got his ring while an assistant at FSU.

Mullen the same at UF.   Neither has won any championships as a Head Coach.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 06:16:37 PM by MusicMan »

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2017, 09:16:58 PM »
I'm glad you guys are excited about Taggard. However, no one around Florida or the country is in fear of something big happening in Tallahassee.

tufsu1

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2017, 10:31:24 PM »
We're raking in decommitted FSU recruits left and right.

Really? Please enlighten us on which recruits Miami has signed this week.

tufsu1

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2017, 10:33:24 PM »
Sure Willie will do fine with what Jimbo left, but I don't really understand this FSU arrogance of acting like Willie's resume isn't a step down from Jimbo's resume. 

What was Jimbo's resume in 2011? How does Wille's compare with that? I ask because FSU won a NC two years later.

Gators312

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2017, 10:40:36 PM »
Kirby Smart would argue with you.  2nd year Head Coach and achieved more than Mark Richt in 20 years.

Funny. Richt got his ring while an assistant at FSU.

Mullen the same at UF.   Neither has won any championships as a Head Coach.

I guess I wasn't clear...I wasn't insinuating they won as HC, just they both played part in winning NCs and have experience with being part of a championship program.

Will Muschamp arguably would have been in the NC game at 11-1 in his second year, so anything' possible with Kirby.   And didn't Richt win two SEC titles?  So I'd slow down on the better than Richt did until he actually performs better than Richt with his own players. 

Gators312

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2017, 10:50:04 PM »

What was Jimbo's resume in 2011? How does Wille's compare with that? I ask because FSU won a NC two years later.

Come on now...Jimbo was at FSU since 2007 and was doing the HCIW thing.  They won the NC after 5 years in Jimbo's offensive system. 

Jimbos resume today is head and shoulders above Willies and FSU fans act like Jimbos just some scrub they were lucky to be rid of.  It's comcial.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2017, 11:31:28 PM »
We're raking in decommitted FSU recruits left and right.

Really? Please enlighten us on which recruits Miami has signed this week.

I believe early signing day is in another week or so but...

Patrick Joyner decommits from FSU, commits to Miami soon after

https://floridastate.247sports.com/Bolt/Another-decommitment-occurs-for-Florida-State-Seminoles-Football-with-three-star-linebacker-Patrick-Joyner-backing-off-his-pledge-111659801