Author Topic: Hemming Park has become a no-sit zone  (Read 9766 times)

jaxrox

• Juno Who
    • Personal Page  FOLLOW ME IF YOU DARE
Re: Hemming Park has become a no-sit zone
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2018, 09:32:33 PM »
And if they changed things around and are having the tables and chairs out more often, good, I am glad. My complaint about sometimes not having somewhere to sit when I go to hemming park surely happened to not just me, as I did not start this thread, did I?

Live_Oak

« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2018, 08:52:52 AM »
When I left work on Friday at around 5pm I walked through the park. All of the folding metal chairs were still there. All the green ones in KenFSU's first pic were not there. They are part of "Charlie's Cafe" and are only there during lunch hours.

I just wish there were some actual benches and that they didn't put that ugly metal railing around the main fountain.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2018, 09:17:24 AM »
That's why the moveable seats were added and the permanent stuff like the ledges and old seats removed. The moveable seats allows them to better control who hangs out in the park. Not the best solution for social equity but I don't bbelieve that social equity was an actual goal.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 09:19:06 AM by thelakelander »
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Jimmy

• Less talking and more doing.
    • @JimmyMidyette
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2018, 11:04:57 AM »
While there's somewhere for some people to sit much of the time in Hemming, I can tell you since the removal of the benches and the erection of ugly metal frames around the fountains, there's nowhere for me to sit in Hemming Park, ever. 

It's my own issue and I'm not blaming anyone, but for a person "of size," those flimsy little folding chairs in the park are nothing more than an invitation to injury and embarrassment. The park is definitely a no sitting zone for me unless I bring my own chair.
twitter.com/JimmyMidyette