Author Topic: JAX/JIA updates  (Read 44644 times)

Steve

• The Jaxson
Re: JAX/JIA updates
« Reply #270 on: February 16, 2020, 10:22:27 AM »
I'd like to see cities such as Daytona, Pensacola, Gainesville, Savannah, Tallahassee, Panama City, etc., be routed thru JAX instead of CLT or ATL.  It would be preferable to those cities as well as JAX.  With the new concourse coming online about the same time as Breeze, it would work out well.

There are places in the Pacific Northwest that have that type of service, but take all of the cities you mentioned and take a 0 off the population. The airlines don’t do that anymore. Regional Jets have made that type of service obsolete unless the place is about 10% the size of Daytona and is many hours from another airport.

Snaketoz

« Reply #271 on: February 16, 2020, 10:46:24 AM »
I agree.  I'm very familiar with Portland, OR (PDX)  There are many feeder flights on Dash aircraft from cities in the NW.  I think SLC is similar.

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #272 on: February 16, 2020, 03:55:43 PM »
I agree.  I'm very familiar with Portland, OR (PDX)  There are many feeder flights on Dash aircraft from cities in the NW.  I think SLC is similar.

SLC has a ton of flights on CRJ-200’s, which is a 50 seat all economy plane (and at present, the smallest thing that says Delta on the side of it). MSP has a good few as well.