Author Topic: The Barnett gearing up to come back to life  (Read 2451 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
The Barnett gearing up to come back to life
« on: September 21, 2017, 06:20:02 AM »
The Barnett gearing up to come back to life

On Thursday, September 21st, Jacksonville's Downtown Development Review Board (DDRB) will consider granting conceptual and final design approval for the long awaited mixed-use project known as The Barnett. Here's a brief look at what will be coming their way.

Read More: http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2017-sep-the-barnett-gearing-up-to-come-back-to-life

remc86007

Re: The Barnett gearing up to come back to life
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 09:19:43 AM »
I can't wait.

FlaBoy

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 09:48:25 AM »
They have built my hopes up so high. This needs to happen.

Is there additional retail space on the street other than the bank?

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 10:38:53 AM »
The floor plan in the presentation illustrates a smaller retail space facing Adams Street. That may be where Vagabond Coffee is going.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Gunnar

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 11:49:48 AM »
I am curious if they will re-activate the clock on top of the building (listed as future signage area) and if the lobby will look like it did in its heyday.
I want to live in a society where people can voice unpopular opinions because I know that as a result of that, a society grows and matures...” — Hugh Hefner

Wacca Pilatka

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 12:23:32 PM »
I am curious if they will re-activate the clock on top of the building (listed as future signage area) and if the lobby will look like it did in its heyday.

As I recall, the original plans called for reactivating the clock.  The signage can go on two sides (where the Barnett logos were in the 70s and 80s) with the clock active on the other two.
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

Tacachale

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 01:20:18 PM »
Looks good, and better yet, achievable. Get it going!
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

lastdaysoffla

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2017, 11:35:35 PM »

I am curious about that too. An active clock on top of the Barnett would be one of those little things that would add to the fabric of Downtown.

heights unknown

• HEIGHTS UNKNOWN (DAMMIT)
    • Music and Personal Info Website
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 04:30:43 PM »
It's about damn time! Keep the wheels turning and the barrels rolling. DON'T DROP THE BALL!!!
DONATE TODAY TO HELP ALL WHO ARE IN NEED BY CLICKING HERE ON MY MUSIC WEBISTE: http://HTTP://WWW.REVERBNATION.COM/COSTON; ALL PURCHASES ARE DONATIONS TO HELP ALL OF THOSE WHO ARE NEEDY, UNDERPRIVILEGED AND DISADVANTAGED.

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 08:56:07 PM »
Rent prices sure are affordable.

heights unknown

• HEIGHTS UNKNOWN (DAMMIT)
    • Music and Personal Info Website
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2017, 08:26:31 AM »
I know; the rent prices are not only affordable, but extremely doable. I love it! I will probably be moving back to BIG JAX very soon.
DONATE TODAY TO HELP ALL WHO ARE IN NEED BY CLICKING HERE ON MY MUSIC WEBISTE: http://HTTP://WWW.REVERBNATION.COM/COSTON; ALL PURCHASES ARE DONATIONS TO HELP ALL OF THOSE WHO ARE NEEDY, UNDERPRIVILEGED AND DISADVANTAGED.