Author Topic: Amazon $5 bil co-HQ's in play  (Read 29662 times)

BenderRodriguez

Re: Amazon $5 bil co-HQ's in play
« Reply #210 on: December 15, 2017, 09:00:57 PM »
I am confused, isn't that the entire area Khan was going to revitalize as well? I thought they had an agreement with the city for the land already.
Nothing has been finalized. They basically have an agreement to negotiate.

This design looks eat into about 1/3 of the original Shipyards design. It also suggests filling the retention pond too. 

Furthermore, there should be a correction pertaining to our data access point status. JAX does not have a trans-Atlantic cable as the video suggests. Although there are two submarine cables. Those cables service Puerto Rico and South America, respectively.

Also, I think that we are highly undervaluing the potential of Craig Municipal Airport (CRG) and how it goes into this equation in relation to JAX Int'l Airport.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 09:03:33 PM by BenderRodriguez »

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #211 on: December 16, 2017, 12:31:35 AM »
Also, I think that we are highly undervaluing the potential of Craig Municipal Airport (CRG) and how it goes into this equation in relation to JAX Int'l Airport.

Very true. For Amazon's private shipping operations? Great point! Maybe Bezos might also be interested in Cecil Spaceport for his Blue Origin operations. hehe, ok getting carried away here. Maybe he'll even buy the Times-Union. And redevelop the land on Riverside Ave!!

Y'all can thank me later!!  :P

Lostwave

« Reply #212 on: December 16, 2017, 02:44:04 PM »
Personally, I hate everything about the idea. Amazon's already got a long history of sucking their employees dry. Imagine what they'd do to Jacksonville if we literally, as the video suggests, give away our city to a corporation and "make Jacksonville and Amazon one."

I think most of the complaining coming from amazon employees are the warehouse and logistics workers.  I have several friends who work in HQ1 and they love working for Amazon. 

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #213 on: December 16, 2017, 04:20:12 PM »

How? What makes Craig any more special than executive and municipal airports in all the other metros competing for HQ2?
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

marcuscnelson

« Reply #214 on: December 16, 2017, 06:36:14 PM »

How? What makes Craig any more special than executive and municipal airports in all the other metros competing for HQ2?

Spaceport? Like what ProjectMaximus said:

Very true. For Amazon's private shipping operations? Great point! Maybe Bezos might also be interested in Cecil Spaceport for his Blue Origin operations. hehe, ok getting carried away here. Maybe he'll even buy the Times-Union. And redevelop the land on Riverside Ave!!

Y'all can thank me later!!  :P

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #215 on: December 16, 2017, 06:48:21 PM »
Spaceport...lol
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

KenFSU

« Reply #216 on: January 15, 2018, 12:12:42 PM »
Short-list might come in March.

Amazon specifically asked Jacksonville to submit a proposal:

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/video/city-council-vice-president-says-amazon-may-pare-hq-list-by-march
Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!
http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Football-Jacksonville/dp/0990342409/

jaxrox

• Juno Who
    • Personal Page  FOLLOW ME IF YOU DARE
« Reply #217 on: January 15, 2018, 12:42:01 PM »
This is good news then. Jacksonville has a real shot at landing this Amazon headquarters! An excitingly excellent possiblity!

KenFSU

« Reply #218 on: January 15, 2018, 01:22:25 PM »
This is good news then. Jacksonville has a real shot at landing this Amazon headquarters! An excitingly excellent possiblity!

I don't think I'd go that far.

We still don't come close to checking a lot of the boxes.
Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!
http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Football-Jacksonville/dp/0990342409/

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #219 on: January 15, 2018, 01:44:08 PM »
Yes,  they contacted several cities. Similar stories are on the internet from cities all across the country.

jaxnyc79

« Reply #220 on: January 15, 2018, 02:20:32 PM »

If that happens, I see a surge in short interest in Amazon stock

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #221 on: January 15, 2018, 03:09:59 PM »

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/video/city-council-vice-president-says-amazon-may-pare-hq-list-by-march

Wait...you mean it wasn't cause MM called and emailed the mayor??

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #222 on: January 15, 2018, 03:22:32 PM »

Wait...you mean it wasn't cause MM called and emailed the mayor??

That's gold, Jerry. Gold!

MusicMan

« Reply #223 on: January 15, 2018, 04:21:22 PM »
Ha.  Max you be funny................

Hey, it's perfect timing since now JEA can throw in their site next door to DCSB. 
Now I'm elated Rummell never closed on his 3 year old deal!!!!!!!!!

marcuscnelson

« Reply #224 on: January 15, 2018, 10:04:07 PM »
Ha.  Max you be funny................

Hey, it's perfect timing since now JEA can throw in their site next door to DCSB. 
Now I'm elated Rummell never closed on his 3 year old deal!!!!!!!!!

Maybe this is how the U2C gets that second bridge crossing that JTA keeps putting in those presentations?  ;D