Author Topic: Guest Column: McCoys Creek is Downtown’s best kept secret  (Read 3612 times)

Noone

Re: Guest Column: McCoys Creek is Downtown’s best kept secret
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2018, 04:48:32 AM »
Anyone going?

Noone

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2018, 04:56:09 AM »
This was canceled at the last Jacksonville Waterway Commission meeting.
Noticed Meeting 1/25/18 at 11am. In Council Chambers on Parks. The Honorable Scott Wilson presiding. Does anyone want to kayak McCoys Creek at Myrtle Ave. Park? Seriously.
What is wrong with Jacksonville?

jaxrox

• Juno Who
    • Personal Page  FOLLOW ME IF YOU DARE
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2018, 01:26:10 AM »
IMO, the COJ should be concentrating on Hogans Creek south of Washington. Seem like that area as more potential to see growth and construction rather than McCoy's west of I-95. What ever happened to the Emerald Necklace project?
McCoys Creek is a part of the Emerald Necklace, along with Hogans. The stretch in discussion runs from Brooklyn to Mixontown, making half of it east of I-95 and in an area seeing significant redevelopment. While it doesn't address all the issues facing the creek, it's an affordable approach to making the area more accessible to the public and recreational users.  Money is also currently being invested along Hogans Creek. There's a multiuse path being built between Springfield and Downtown as we speak.
A part of that area (just south of Washington Street) has been getting cleaned up and cleared out, since the waters receded from Irma's flooding. So what exactly are they going to do with it next? I'm not sure of the answer to that question, though. Does anyone happen to know?