Author Topic: Southern Grounds coming...have we hit Peak coffee yet!?!  (Read 7584 times)

timjax9

Re: Southern Grounds coming...have we hit Peak coffee yet!?!
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2018, 10:01:30 AM »
Like the place but they will have real issues due to super tight parking spaces. You almost have to back into the building to turn around. Also anyone approaching from San Marco must drive past a median that blocks a left turn into their lot, cross the railroad tracks and make a U turn to access the lot. Hope they can get some help from the city to reconfigure the median.

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2019, 11:01:15 AM »
great place.  I hope a few more like it pop up on that Atlantic corridor, especially with all those new residential unts coming into the market with that dev on the north end of philips.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2019, 12:19:47 PM »
We went last night and was surprised how busy it was for a Tuesday night. We have added SG to our "evening destinations" for a nice cheaper option.(plus I was a breakfast all day guy waaaaaaaay ahead of the curve). We especially like bringing our dog to the back patio area.

We have so many great eat/drink options to walk to now, we are struggling to determine how often to go to places as we try to maintain our "elite regular status" at our various favorites. Nice problem to have. Sorry if I broke from the "it sucks to live here" trend.

sandyshoes

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2019, 05:20:23 PM »
 ???  wow...some folks seem to have already reached critical mass on their caffeine intake, given the recent barbs.  Time for a nice, clear gallon of water to dilute all that vitriol?  (I hoped it was all in fun, but....)

MusicMan

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2019, 10:54:48 AM »
""We have so many great eat/drink options to walk to now, we are struggling to determine how often to go to places as we try to maintain our "elite regular status" at our various favorites. Nice problem to have. Sorry if I broke from the "it sucks to live here" trend.""

Agree SMM. If only Regency had built condos and the Publix they would have sold out and gotten great prices. Pretty sure, had they stuck to any of their plans, it would have been complete by now....

By the way, had dinner at Bistro Aix last night. The entrees were superb. The crispy chips were ok. It's one of my fav's and half of the chips were limp, not crispy.  Our entrees were short rib, pan seared salmon, and the onglet with fries and haricot vert.  All outstanding.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 10:57:29 AM by MusicMan »

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2019, 11:19:25 AM »
Regency doesn't build condos. That was a different development group that backed out. Anyway, don't worry, your Publix will eventually come.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

MusicMan

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2019, 04:41:55 PM »
Yes, when market conditions improve.....

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2019, 06:06:19 PM »
No, market conditions are already fine for Publix.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Captain Zissou

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2019, 08:12:19 AM »
Yes, when market conditions improve.....

This is now the second time I've told you; Regency is a publicly traded company.  All the information about this project is publicly available via earnings calls or other presentations.  You can educate yourself on the project quite easily with a simple google search, but you'd rather just gripe and moan. 

MusicMan

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2019, 09:20:26 PM »
"Yes, when market conditions improve....."

Since you're a fan of Bill Murray I'll spell it out for you:

I-t w-a-s a j-o-k-e!

"Lighten up Francis..."

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2019, 09:42:09 PM »
""We have so many great eat/drink options to walk to now, we are struggling to determine how often to go to places as we try to maintain our "elite regular status" at our various favorites. Nice problem to have. Sorry if I broke from the "it sucks to live here" trend.""

Agree SMM. If only Regency had built condos and the Publix they would have sold out and gotten great prices. Pretty sure, had they stuck to any of their plans, it would have been complete by now....

By the way, had dinner at Bistro Aix last night. The entrees were superb. The crispy chips were ok. It's one of my fav's and half of the chips were limp, not crispy.  Our entrees were short rib, pan seared salmon, and the onglet with fries and haricot vert.  All outstanding.

Assuming the Publix gets built,I would love to see something like Harbor View in DT Fernandina built on the remaining parcel. We will be staying up there this weekend and I hope to see some progress on those townhomes.

And we really like Bistro Aix(we like the bar area for the live music)but it isn't walkable for us so it tends to be pretty low on our list during this time of year. However, once the hot weather hits, we will be hitting it more often since you pretty much have to drive everywhere once its 90's and humid :) Maybe the buggies will change that, though!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 09:53:40 PM by sanmarcomatt »

MusicMan

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2019, 09:22:33 AM »
Matt do you go to Southern Grounds? It's replaced Pizza Palace as the 3 family Sunday night gathering spot (with friends).
My 'go to' is the : Baja Ancient Grain Bowl, Cilantro Lime Rice topped with Black Bean, Corn Salsa, House Made Salsa Verde, Pico de Gallo, Fresh Haas Avocado and Sour Cream. (Add Chicken or Salmon)

With blackened Salmon. Guilt free and tasty. And the wine prices (by the bottle) are really fair.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2019, 09:39:56 AM »
Matt do you go to Southern Grounds?

That's like asking me if I ever invested in the stock market. Is water wet?

Ken_FSU

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2019, 10:41:18 AM »
I miss the Urban Grind in the BOA Tower.

Been closed for a few months now after the sweet woman that ran it left.

Supposedly a temporary closure until they kind someone to staff it.