Author Topic: Florida's Bike Share Programs & Who's Next  (Read 1678 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Florida's Bike Share Programs & Who's Next
« on: June 05, 2017, 06:10:01 AM »
Florida's Bike Share Programs & Who's Next

Modern Cities shares a quick run down of Florida's existing bike share programs and a look at what's coming in 2017.

Read More: http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2017-jun-floridas-bike-share-programs-whos-next

ProjectMaximus

Re: Florida's Bike Share Programs & Who's Next
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 09:23:58 AM »
How's Swarm bike share doing? Have they launched yet?

marcuscnelson

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 04:48:10 PM »
How's Swarm bike share doing? Have they launched yet?

It looks like they have two stations at Jacksonville and Atlantic Beaches, but not a lot of bikes, unless they're all being rented out right now. The app seems to be available, at least.

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 03:39:04 PM »
Any update on swarm at the beaches?

Now that dockless bikeshares are taking over, there's no reason Jax's urban core shouldn't be getting in on the action. Should be very low-hanging fruit. Spin is now in Doral, FL. I plan on giving it a try very soon.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 03:48:48 PM »
Zagster is in St. Lucie County now. Jax is 100% out of excuses.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

JaxJersey-licious

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 04:19:28 PM »
Any update on swarm at the beaches?

Now that dockless bikeshares are taking over, there's no reason Jax's urban core shouldn't be getting in on the action. Should be very low-hanging fruit. Spin is now in Doral, FL. I plan on giving it a try very soon.

Was curious about that too. Given I got not much better to do with half the state being snowed in today I see that according to their website this is a thing but only one damn bike is available(!) Also noticed there are so many of these services out there in so many different communities. Even with city state and federal grants and sponsorship it just seems some of these companies are begging for a buyout. I'm still pissed that Hoboken established a nice hourly bikeshare program with total coverage of the entire city while Jersey City next door decided to do New York's Citibikes program that only allows you to rent for the day month or year.