Author Topic: Anything planned for 'Suite' location?  (Read 2480 times)

comncense

• Facebook
Anything planned for 'Suite' location?
« on: May 25, 2017, 08:17:24 AM »
I'm kinda out of the loop after moving to Orlando. I saw that Suite closed down around Easter this year. I just was wondering if there have been any talks of a new tenant moving into that area since it's somewhat of a prime location in that portion of the town center. Would be nice if Jax was able to get a Blue Martini location. Either way, it seems that Jax is suffering on the nightlife end of things outside of actual bars. Is it safe to say that there are no major clubs in Jax at this point? On the upscale end of things.

Bill Hoff

Re: Anything planned for 'Suite' location?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 10:19:48 AM »

comncense

• Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 01:51:19 PM »
Yeah, I've been to Myth before. Nice what they've done with the TSI space, but size-wise I'm talking about an upscale club that is more on the level of what Twisted Martini, Suite was.

I-10east

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 09:33:14 PM »
Hopefully it doesn't stay vacant for long like it's neighbor the former Libretto's Pizza.   

remc86007

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 09:39:26 PM »
Despite being at the town center, that particular location was kind of bad for Libretto's. They had almost no visibility from the street. When I was at UNF I went there frequently and I rarely saw it busy.

I-10east

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 10:02:37 PM »
^^^I agree.

JaxAvondale

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 10:31:29 PM »
Where has Glen been with the TC updates?

FlaBoy

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 11:16:40 AM »
First Whiskey River, now Suite. #RIPTownCenterNightlife

comncense

• Facebook
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2018, 07:51:31 PM »
Not to revive a dead horse... But any plans for the building formerly known as Suite? I no longer live in Jax, but friends tell me that the owner of the property does not want any form of nightlife there.

It seems nightlife at the Town Center has died just like nightlife in Jax in general. It seems like there are no nightlife places in Jax for those too old for the college crowds unless you want to go to bars or restaurants for 'nightlife'

JaxAvondale

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2018, 08:19:11 PM »
I think the "nightlife" in Jax has morphed into rooftop bars for those people with disposable income.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2018, 11:35:19 PM »
Not sure how a lame club at the mall is more representative “nightlife” than bars or restaurants, but it has long seemed to me that smallish bars are the center of nightlife here.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2018, 12:06:56 AM »
Several new places have opened all over town since Suite closed. I went to Suite once with friends. It was one of very few places in Jax that seemed to attract a large young professional African-American crowd, similar to what is more common in cities like Atlanta. This may be what Comncense has in mind when he mentions Suite. I'm not physically in Jax as much as I used to be so I'm not sure if there's a new popular spot in town for this crowd now or not.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali