Author Topic: Inside the Cowford Chophouse  (Read 29107 times)

sanmarcomatt

• Mayor of The Coffee District
Re: Inside the Cowford Chophouse
« Reply #120 on: August 11, 2018, 05:36:54 PM »
What was wrong with the steak?

It was overcooked. I have probably ordered a NY Strip "Pittsburgh' approaching triple digits times at a ton of different steakhouses around the country and twice I have had it cooked incorrectly. Both times at Cowford. And other times the service just hasn't been great.  Which kills me as I want this to be our main Steakhouse so badly.
Now we have probably had dinner there more than most and will continue to do so but for us it has yet to approach the Ruth's on the South Bank both in ability to cook a steak to order and level of service. Maybe we have just been unlucky but for us it has been a trend.

acme54321

« Reply #121 on: August 11, 2018, 05:45:07 PM »
When SMM is at a reastaurant, the waiter comes around and asks, is anthing all right?

Yet he is love with the most over rated doughnuts in town...  ???

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #122 on: August 11, 2018, 05:54:34 PM »
When SMM is at a reastaurant, the waiter comes around and asks, is anthing all right?

Ha Ha.
Actually, they are treated amazingly well and probably do double takes at their tips as they are so high. In addition, I tend to go out of my way to seek out management (if they don't do the table stop) to praise quality service. Both my wife and I spent years in retail which still resonates quite strongly with us.

But I must admit, I do expect competence which apparently seems to be a hard concept for some to grasp.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #123 on: August 11, 2018, 06:37:12 PM »
How, with the money they put into renovating that building, have they not been able to hire the right people to make it at least a comparable experience to Ruth's? Why not just poach the Ruth's people? Even if they have non-compete clauses, why not agree to pay the legal fees associated with fighting them if Ruth's even bothered to sue.

I know it isn't easy to put together a topnotch restaurant, but it isn't rocket science either.

I find it a little concerning after 9 months  and of course they have closed two restaurants recently. However, I am hoping that this will help them focus on what is left though. I think Bistro Aix is better since the reopen following the flood. So that gives me hope that things will improve over time.

There are very few establishments that we want to succeed more than Cowford, so we will continue to keep going on a semi-regular basis. But for me, no more NY strips :)

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2018, 06:43:45 AM »
There ARE better cuts... :)
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #125 on: August 12, 2018, 01:30:03 PM »
There ARE better cuts... :)

No, those are just "overrated" :)