Author Topic: Insetta bringing Bellwether restaurant Downtown; should open by early April  (Read 2410 times)

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
By Karen Brune Mathis, Managing Editor

Restaurateur Jonathan Insetta’s newest venture Downtown will be called Bellwether and should open by early April.
Work is taking place behind the walls on the street level at 100 North Laura, the 10-story building at Laura and Forsyth streets.

Insetta’s group — which also owns Orsay, Black Sheep Restaurant and BLK SHP at Intuition — says on the bellwetherjax.com website, “This casual yet sophisticated restaurant will offer an eclectic mix of timeless fare for lunch and dinner.”

It will feature outdoor dining, a full bar and private dining options.

Full article: http://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/showstory.php?Story_id=549409
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

SuzySpringfield

Bellwether - new Orsay, Black Sheep venture on N. Laura St
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 10:30:58 AM »
http://jacksonville.com/food-and-dining/2017-04-18/owners-orsay-black-sheep-add-downtown-restaurant-their-roster?utm_medium=social&utm_source=The_Florida_Times-Union

Very excited for this place to open up. I want to be excited for downtown development for the betterment of the city, but - let's be real - I'm super stoked for new snacks in a deliverable area  ;D  ;D  ;D
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 10:34:23 AM by SuzySpringfield »
When you little scamps get together, you're worse than a sewing circle.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
Re: Bellwether - new Orsay, Black Sheep venture on N. Laura St
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 10:42:17 AM »
I'm excited to have shrimp and grits literally next door to my downtown office!
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Murder_me_Rachel

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 01:35:45 PM »
So happy for Jon And Alan and their success.  Those guys are legit and have done awesome things, but they stay very humble and have about zero ego between the two of them. 

Captain Zissou

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 01:40:16 PM »
So happy for Jon And Alan and their success.  Those guys are legit and have done awesome things, but they stay very humble and have about zero ego between the two of them. 
That's a pretty strong endorsement coming from you. You are quite hard to please

Steve

• Metro Jacksonville
Finally got over there this past Friday - really liked it. The place definitely has a Black Sheep feel, and really anything on the menu (despite being a different menu with similar themes) could be on Black Sheep's menu and vice versa. Steady crowd - definitely not packed like Black Sheep on a Friday night, but by no means empty. Food was excellent as per usual.

One complaint here (and the folks at Bellwether DEFINITELY are aware) is the Gym upstairs. Black Sheep had Verb upstairs, but that was kind of like a crossfit/personal trainer place. This is a place where people throw 300lbs on the bar and drop the shit from shoulder high to the point it shakes the building. It might not be as evident at Lunchtime when the place is busier, but at dinner it was VERY apparent.

I'll spare the details of my conversation with the folks at Bellwether, but I'm confident this will be solved one way or another.

Putting that aside, a great addition to Downtown.

remc86007

...the idiots dropping weights happens all through lunch too unfortunately. I don't understand why it hasn't been fixed yet.

sanmarcomatt

Finally got over there this past Friday - really liked it. The place definitely has a Black Sheep feel, and really anything on the menu (despite being a different menu with similar themes) could be on Black Sheep's menu and vice versa. Steady crowd - definitely not packed like Black Sheep on a Friday night, but by no means empty. Food was excellent as per usual.

One complaint here (and the folks at Bellwether DEFINITELY are aware) is the Gym upstairs. Black Sheep had Verb upstairs, but that was kind of like a crossfit/personal trainer place. This is a place where people throw 300lbs on the bar and drop the shit from shoulder high to the point it shakes the building. It might not be as evident at Lunchtime when the place is busier, but at dinner it was VERY apparent.

I'll spare the details of my conversation with the folks at Bellwether, but I'm confident this will be solved one way or another.

Putting that aside, a great addition to Downtown.

Last time we were at Orsay, Hanz and Franz were hitting the weights hard and loud outside . My wife could barely contain her laughter when we walked by. It definitely added a special touch to the evening.