Author Topic: El Jefe could be next restaurant in Murray Hill  (Read 15762 times)

Josh

Re: El Jefe could be next restaurant in Murray Hill
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2017, 06:43:19 PM »
Congrats Max

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2017, 05:39:47 AM »
947 Edgewood Ave. S., tenant buildout for El Jefe restaurant, $495,693, 4,016 square feet, Satilla Inc. The Tex-Mex restaurant, going into the former Curry Thomas Hardware space, is owned by Scotty Schwartz, owner of 29 South in Fernandina Beach.
http://jacksonville.com/business/business-notebook/real-estate/2017-12-02/sunday-notebook-more-apartments-gran-bay-and-what
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

SoudNoises

« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2018, 01:31:02 PM »
The past few times I've driven by, there have been signs of construction/renovation starting to ramp up. Can't wait until it's finished!

pierre

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2018, 08:08:07 AM »
I walked by this weekend, and it looked like they were having a soft opening. It looks nice inside, and bigger than I expected.

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2018, 09:06:02 AM »
I saw from a Friend on FB that apparently real opening is Wednesday. Not 100% sure if that's accurate or not.

remc86007

« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2018, 09:50:17 AM »
Website with menu is up! https://www.eljefejax.com/

pierre

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2018, 10:12:40 AM »
I saw from a Friend on FB that apparently real opening is Wednesday. Not 100% sure if that's accurate or not.

I heard Wednesday as well. Can't wait to check it out.

MusicMan

« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2018, 08:10:57 AM »
Unfortunately there is a giant wall in the middle of the menu.......

Captain Zissou

« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2018, 09:29:43 AM »
I'm so excited about this.  I'm hoping this can be my new go to spot now that Burrito Gallery has completely sold out.

MusicMan

« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2018, 12:13:09 PM »
There's always Nacho Taco....

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2018, 12:33:29 PM »
Just had lunch there... nice place... food is very good... cannot wait to try Happy Hour as the bar looks... inviting.... Was informed that menudo will be available on weekends.  Now THATs authentic...  8)
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Captain Zissou

« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2018, 02:27:53 PM »
There's always Nacho Taco....
Not the same.  Nacho Taco falls more into the  Baymeadows La Nop & Pepes mexican realm.  Then there's the middle ground of San Marco La Nop, Mr Taco, Taco Libre, Cantina Louie, Salsas. Upper tier is Taco Lu and Flying Iguana.  I'm hoping this is above and beyond upper tier for my taco fix.

BG is off the list now that they charge $9 for a margarita and serve the tacos on 2" tortillas.  Lolas is also a no go.

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2018, 02:50:26 PM »
Just had lunch there... nice place... food is very good... cannot wait to try Happy Hour as the bar looks... inviting.... Was informed that menudo will be available on weekends.  Now THATs authentic...  8)

I was there also.  The food was really good and the restaurant was running smoothly for a place that just opened.

My only concern is that the price points for lunch - $11 (no drink) may be a tad high for the immediate neighborhood since we don't really have any mid-tier office workers around.  I would think most of the traffic through here at lunch time is not the type that's looking for a $15 lunch.  Hopefully they can pull enough from outside the area to keep it going. 

And to clarify, for what you get - an app and an entree w/ sides - isn't a bad deal, but I'd personally like to see a menu selection w/ smaller portions and a lower price point.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2018, 03:13:55 PM »

I was there also.  The food was really good and the restaurant was running smoothly for a place that just opened.

My only concern is that the price points for lunch - $11 (no drink) may be a tad high for the immediate neighborhood since we don't really have any mid-tier office workers around.  I would think most of the traffic through here at lunch time is not the type that's looking for a $15 lunch.  Hopefully they can pull enough from outside the area to keep it going. 

And to clarify, for what you get - an app and an entree w/ sides - isn't a bad deal, but I'd personally like to see a menu selection w/ smaller portions and a lower price point.

I agree with the price point issue... but I can certainly see myself sitting at the bar...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

MusicMan

« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2018, 03:19:20 PM »
I like Hola in Springfield too.  Fast and cheap....

Pretty sure NT has a $7.00 lunch special.... IIRC
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 03:44:42 PM by MusicMan »