Author Topic: Upcoming concerts at Daily's Place  (Read 47072 times)

ProjectMaximus

Re: Upcoming concerts at Daily's Place
« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2017, 03:10:27 PM »
You are right Ken. I'm disappointed in this, after all that fanfare and the expectation that Bold Events could do a lot better than the city's management.

remc86007

« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2017, 03:48:36 PM »
First new event scheduled in a while: Odesza in May.
Hopefully there were staffing changes or some other reason for the lull in programing and we will see more being scheduled soon.

benfranklinbof

• Murray Hill Billy
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2017, 04:25:20 PM »
Orlando has/had XXYYXX, Cut Copy, Chromesparks, Grizzly Bear and Giraffage performing. None of them are coming to Jax :(
Washed Out and Animal Collective played at Mavericks which was awesome!
I'm not familiar with how these lineups are created but I wish people would bring in trendier bands.

I'm glad ODEZA and Of Montreal are coming to Jax!
Murray Hill Billy

JohnnyG

« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2017, 04:00:46 PM »
Stoked for Odesza, less stoked that it is on a Wednesday.  Makes it tough to go as big as I'd want to.

KenFSU

« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2017, 04:43:05 PM »
You only live once, Johnny

KenFSU

« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2018, 10:31:33 AM »
Wyclef Jean featuring the Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra on March 10th.

That's gonna be an AMAZING show.

CityLife

« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2018, 04:13:44 PM »
St. Augustine Amphitheater has Fleet Foxes, Modest Mouse, and the National playing there this spring....

Just an FYI for people that are in the music booking biz around Jax and may read this. Shaky Knees Festival in Atlanta in May has a great lineup and tons of acts that would be great to bring down here. That is how St. Auggie got The National. Every music venue in Jax should get one of their biggest acts of the year this weekend. But guess what? The Florida Theater booked 82 year old Herb Alpert that Friday. Classic Florida Theater. Same venue that ignored me when I tried to bring Tame Impala there a few years back.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2018, 04:17:42 PM »
St. Augustine Amphitheater has Fleet Foxes, Modest Mouse, and the National playing there this spring....

Just an FYI for people that are in the music booking biz around Jax and may read this. Shaky Knees Festival in Atlanta in May has a great lineup and tons of acts that would be great to bring down here. That is how St. Auggie got The National. Every music venue in Jax should get one of their biggest acts of the year this weekend. But guess what? The Florida Theater booked 82 year old Herb Alpert that Friday. Classic Florida Theater. Same venue that ignored me when I tried to bring Tame Impala there a few years back.

Sounds about right. I can't express how disappointed I've been with the Dad Rock Cafe that is Daily's Place.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

MusicMan

« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2018, 08:46:01 AM »
If one would want to hear the music of Tame Impala, Fleet Foxes, Modest Mouse or ANY of the other bands listed in this thread, where do you go?

Is there a radio station in Jax that plays their music so I could get a sample? 

i.e. ....... "XXYYXX, Cut Copy, Chromesparks, Grizzly Bear and Giraffage" 

I'm assuming these are household names but not sure which households.....

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2018, 04:09:16 PM »
If one would want to hear the music of Tame Impala, Fleet Foxes, Modest Mouse or ANY of the other bands listed in this thread, where do you go?

Household names among indie rock fans and a lot of younger people. No local radio station I know of would play any of that besides UNF’s Spinnaker Radio, and that’s low power FM. Just pull them up on Spotify or YouTube if you’re interested.

The issue is there are whole categories of music that would be successful that Jax venues continue to skip out on. PVCH and St Augie Amphitheater get more variety, but they’re not great (and they’re way the hell out there). It’s frustrating that the vast majority of shows booked at Dad Rock Live have been bands from the previous century.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

TimmyB

• T
« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2018, 04:14:07 PM »

Household names among indie rock fans and a lot of younger people. No local radio station I know of would play any of that besides UNF’s Spinnaker Radio, and that’s low power FM. Just pull them up on Spotify or YouTube if you’re interested.

The issue is there are whole categories of music that would be successful that Jax venues continue to skip out on. PVCH and St Augie Amphitheater get more variety, but they’re not great (and they’re way the hell out there). It’s frustrating that the vast majority of shows booked at Dad Rock Live have been bands from the previous century.

Wait.  Wait.  Are you two saying that people still listen to radio stations here in Jax???  Oh, god, there's 90% of the problem right there!!!

MusicMan

« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2018, 04:43:51 PM »
Seems like a great opportunity for one of you entrepreneurs.  If there is a serious demand for these indie rockers then you should be promoting/presenting them...........  Just sayin........  Nobody gonna stop you.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2018, 05:08:06 PM »
Seems like a great opportunity for one of you entrepreneurs.  If there is a serious demand for these indie rockers then you should be promoting/presenting them...........  Just sayin........  Nobody gonna stop you.

We also don’t own any concert venues, and the ones that exist aren’t listening.

MusicMan

« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2018, 10:23:39 AM »
Do you know anyone who works at Florida Theater?

More '70's Dad rock coming: Steely Dan and Doobie Bros just announced at Dailys Place. May 13

marcuscnelson

« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2018, 11:39:27 AM »

We also don’t own any concert venues, and the ones that exist aren’t listening.

So what we really need is a small to mid-sized venue that will allow indie rock, and someone willing to market and promote acts.

Who comes first?