Author Topic: Good Dough Doughnuts !?!  (Read 34246 times)

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
Re: Good Dough Doughnuts !?!
« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2018, 10:07:43 AM »
You're welcome.  :P

warming up the coffee cake now :)

Your doughnut sugar crash must be exquisite...  ;D
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

sanmarcomatt

• Mayor of The Coffee District
« Reply #121 on: June 14, 2018, 10:23:48 AM »
You're welcome.  :P

warming up the coffee cake now :)

Your doughnut sugar crash must be exquisite...  ;D

No worries.......moderation is the key. Well, yesterday probably wouldn't qualify as moderate :)
I'm actually a semi health nut. Mayor of the Donut District is just my part time gig.....I am also the Baron of Blending. The Vitamix is one of the best "investments" I've ever made.....

JaxJersey-licious

« Reply #122 on: June 27, 2018, 09:47:38 PM »
So I've been hearing from friends and family along with this forum about this Good Dough Doughnut place. My gold standard for artisan doughnuts is this hole-in-a-wall in New York City that will remain nameless but next week I'll finally go over there and see how it stacks up to my go-to haunts. I'm a yeast doughnut kinda guy and I'll be looking for texture and proofing as well as creative flavors but I'll check out some cake ones for balance.

Locals and ex-pats tend to bemoan and be frustrated about what Jacksonville could have or should have but the city has made some great culinary strides over the past decade: better coffee, better steaks, better ramen, better rooftop bars, and I guess better doughnuts. I think you appreciate the changes more when you're living away because you're not exposed daily to the drip-drip-drip pace of progress

Anyway, there will be no losers in this competition and the big winner will be me. I'll probably check out Sweet Theory while I'm in town too.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #123 on: June 29, 2018, 01:49:18 PM »
Life is sometimes about difficult decisions and living with the consequences of our actions.
The Blueberry cake donut will not be on Good Dough's July menu and I haven't had any recently due to what will be referred to as the "Sweet Theory incident". Now I am running out of time.

This is a tough one. To BBC or not to BBC? That is the question. To make matters worse, next week they are offering a homemade "ice cream doughwich". Damn them.

And people probably think my life is pretty easy. How wrong they are.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #124 on: July 28, 2018, 02:17:51 PM »
With a heavy heart, I have to admit my failure as mayor of the Donut District as it appears we are back to one shop. However, as is common in government, pathetic performance just leads to being shuffled to a different department.

Thus, I have accepted the position of mayor of the coffee district!

Hey...I didn't get a harumph out of one of you.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 02:22:33 PM by sanmarcomatt »

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2018, 09:34:36 AM »
Let's talk about something important. Such as...the August menu for Good dough. After A dud July, August has the long awaited return of the  French Toast! Or, for you over the top patriots, the Freedom Toast! Eat a couple of these, and it is mission accomplished, baby.
There is also a key lime pie that caught me eye. Yes, I am even a poet. Is there nothing I can't do?

As I age and grow up (ba ha ha ha), I have realized that I may be setting a bad example by talking about eating pastries all the time and I want people to eat responsibly. People must think I weigh 300 pounds.The key to life is to eat as many pastries as you can but don't look like you do. Thus, my donut updates will now include a health tip! Please....try to contain your excitement. As many know from my posts,  I obsess about keeping expenses low and investing. But what good is being wealthy if you are not healthy? Poet..or maybe a rapper?

When it comes to healthy,cost effective(we are talking crazy cheap),quick and keeping one full (besides helping weight loss,can be included with cost effective as well) , I find it hard to beat the bowl of oatmeal with chia seeds and a dash of cinnamon. I eat oatmeal almost every day.And, very flexible to add additional things for additional nutrition/taste so it doesn't get too boring.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #126 on: August 11, 2018, 01:04:28 PM »
Mrs SMM was feeling a little wild and  crazy this morning so we decided to head all the way to Sweet Theory. One cool part of the trip was that when  we were stopped at a light....I told her shhhhh.....look....Hipsters! She was fascinated!

But anyway...there was a decent line but nothing crazy. However, I could see there were only 2 cinnamon rolls left. So after delivering a silent F-Bomb, I started scouting the people ahead of me trying to determine what they were likely to order. Of course, being the analyst that I am, I also started calculating the odds of both being sold before it was our turn based upon number of customers and expected daily sales. I had just finished my formula but it was our turn and there was one left! Thank you pastry gods!

I know this is fascinating all ready, but it gets better. I know...hard to believe it gets better.
Behind us was this guy in a Yankee cap and he looked like he was eyeballing the cinnamon rolls too. When we put in our order I waited until the end and then gave a "oh, and a cinnamon roll" and gave the guy a little grin. Ha ha ha. The Sox swept their ass at Fenway last week and now the annoying Sox couple grabs the last cinnamon roll! Tough week, sucker.

That just put the 'Sweet' in Sweet Theory.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #127 on: September 18, 2018, 08:47:23 AM »
I have Big news. This is Huge. No, this is Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge news.

Good Dough has a Boston Creme donut this month. Since this is my favorite donut (no, not because of the name....well,maybe partially), I have been waiting for this day. I actually didn't believe it was true but they are real and they are spectacular.

I just treated two of them like the Jags just treated the Pats.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #128 on: October 04, 2018, 01:19:02 PM »
I may have "abilities". Let me back up and explain...A flashback if you will.
So there I was checking Good Dough's  Instagram post with their October menu, going thru the list to see if there was anything of note. I see Brown Sugar Pop Tart (interesting)....and then Apple Pie Bomb (Must try) and then under 'Doughnut Holes' I see...wait... Whaaaaa? DOUGHNUT HOLES?!?! This is new and I am about to lose my mind. Then I see they have Blueberry Cake Doughnut Holes and now I am going crazy. My wife is getting concerned as I am having trouble speaking.

Now back to the present and my abilities. I may have willed this to happen. I find their Blueberry cake donut legendary and to have them in "hole form" has been a dream of mine (yeah, I have odd dreams). Also, I have a burn scar on my arm but now am wondering if my parents had a tattoo removed as it is in the same spot as Eleven's 011 and I think it may have been a number. Now I am concerned I may end up in the upside down.
Is it getting cold in here? I better check the

wanderson91

« Reply #129 on: October 04, 2018, 03:58:01 PM »
I've yet to go to Good Dough but that Brown Sugar poptart just might get me there. I *loved* those poptarts as a child (and still do, tbh)

wanderson91

« Reply #130 on: October 05, 2018, 09:20:02 AM »
I've yet to go to Good Dough but that Brown Sugar poptart just might get me there. I *loved* those poptarts as a child (and still do, tbh)

Well, I went to Good Dough this morning and bought doughnuts for the office. My brown sugar poptart is sitting on my desk, waiting for me. My coworkers were very happy to see me this fine Friday morning.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #131 on: October 05, 2018, 09:42:55 AM »

Well, I went to Good Dough this morning and bought doughnuts for the office. My brown sugar poptart is sitting on my desk, waiting for me. My coworkers were very happy to see me this fine Friday morning.

I hope you have a small office as that can get pricey in a hurry at that place.

And unless you are waiting for coffee to finish brewing, you lost me at "doughnut is sitting on my desk waiting for me". I haven't been that mystified by a post since someone else posted about the city pension.

Jagsdrew

« Reply #132 on: October 12, 2018, 02:04:49 PM »
The Good Dough announced they are opening up a second location at the St John's Town Center in the vacant Teavana location next to Starbucks. Will be an 'extended pop-up' and will be there for a year.
Twitter: @Jagsdrew

wanderson91

« Reply #133 on: October 12, 2018, 03:00:20 PM »

I hope you have a small office as that can get pricey in a hurry at that place.

And unless you are waiting for coffee to finish brewing, you lost me at "doughnut is sitting on my desk waiting for me". I haven't been that mystified by a post since someone else posted about the city pension.

Luckily, I do work in a small office! And I only had the one doughnut, so I had to treasure it, haha

wanderson91

« Reply #134 on: October 12, 2018, 03:01:04 PM »
The Good Dough announced they are opening up a second location at the St John's Town Center in the vacant Teavana location next to Starbucks. Will be an 'extended pop-up' and will be there for a year.

Oh wow, that's an excellent location. The foot traffic is gonna bring in so much money for them