Author Topic: Good Dough Doughnuts !?!  (Read 27449 times)

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
Re: Good Dough Doughnuts !?!
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2018, 12:43:42 PM »

Apparently Butler county Ohio has one...  8)
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

remc86007

« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2018, 01:02:04 PM »
That's amazing! We need to step it up.

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2018, 04:15:48 PM »
That's amazing! We need to step it up.

The mayor is too busy eating donuts. Or golfing with Tom Brady.

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2018, 12:08:12 AM »
'GD' is short for Good Dough. I didn't think it was that much of stretch but I am new to this role.

Thanks for clearing that one up for me.  I was having a hard time believing that a Pats fan would go full Rex Ryan over some donuts.  And if so they must be pretty GD good.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

MusicMan

« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2018, 04:47:35 PM »
"Good Dough is about as over rated as they come.  They do great with their marketing and social media though.  The truth hurts."

Sorry but this is wrong.   Following The Mayor's Advice I ventured forth this morning in search of the blueberry cake doughnut. It was excellent. I'll continue to support The Mayor and GD. Their product is consistently excellent.

sanmarcomatt

• Mayor of The Donut District
« Reply #110 on: May 07, 2018, 09:19:15 AM »
  Following The Mayor's Advice I ventured forth this morning in search of the blueberry cake doughnut. It was excellent. I'll continue to support The Mayor and GD. Their product is consistently excellent.

It's a post like this makes my hours of work....all of my sacrifices....worth it. It makes my heart warmer than a fresh doughnut.

I too indulged  on Sunday Morning. It speaks to my amazing discipline that I was able to wait until day 6 to revisit the blueberry circle of perfection.
*** A warning to Good Dough virgins. There is a second blueberry doughnut this month....the shortbread. Mrs SMM suggested that we give that one a try and I relented even though her taste in doughnuts can be as questionable as her taste in men. Don't do it. Stick with the blueberry cake.***

Now back to what is important...the blueberry cake. I am not a poet so my words will not do it justice, but I will do my best to describe the experience. When I am eating that doughnut, the world becomes a different place. There are no disasters...no wars..MetroJacksonville can actually grasp pension concepts....ok,ok, that last one is a little unrealistic.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #111 on: May 31, 2018, 08:52:18 AM »
Tomorrow is National Doughnut Day. The fact that we actually have multiple "donut days" speaks to the greatness of our country.

I don't think shit hole countries even have one! Could be a correlation there or maybe...causation? I might need to grab a donut and ponder that one. I'm a learned person and that is what we do. Donuts and deliberation, baby.

riverside_mail

« Reply #112 on: May 31, 2018, 06:52:05 PM »
So.....if we were to come up with our own Duval Donut Trail, what donut shops deserve to be on the trail?

My first entry is Sweet Theory. The donuts are huge and tasty and they come up with new things to try. Had a mojito donut last week which was pretty good.
(Disclaimer: The girls make a care package for me every week. One of the few perks of being a mailman.)

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #113 on: June 01, 2018, 11:36:30 AM »
So.....if we were to come up with our own Duval Donut Trail, what donut shops deserve to be on the trail?

My first entry is Sweet Theory. The donuts are huge and tasty and they come up with new things to try. Had a mojito donut last week which was pretty good.
(Disclaimer: The girls make a care package for me every week. One of the few perks of being a mailman.)

I have been meaning to check out Sweet theory, but really wish they opened earlier. Cinnatis is still on my list but in preparation for my Charleston Trip, I have had to go  heavy on the cardio,light on the carbio the last few weeks.

sandyshoes

« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2018, 04:43:17 PM »
The Donut Shoppe in Arlington! mmmyummmo

JaxAvondale

« Reply #115 on: June 02, 2018, 09:56:41 PM »

I have been meaning to check out Sweet theory, but really wish they opened earlier. Cinnatis is still on my list but in preparation for my Charleston Trip, I have had to go  heavy on the cardio,light on the carbio the last few weeks.

This is appalling! You are our mayor!

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2018, 01:59:36 PM »
The Mayor is back in Town....

I know there are Legions of you waiting for the latest updates...so just a little patience.  And, for those of you who sit at work, refreshing looking for my latest posts....understandable,but you need to get a life.

First the good news. Since I managed  to hit my favorite donut shop while in Charleston, I can expense the trip on the voters dime. Call it a fact finding mission. Whatever. Ah, politics.

Now, the better news.No, nothing as trivial as the US/NK summit being on. Real news. The Blueberry Cake is still on the Good Dough menu! And, they brought the Monte Cristo back for June. Damn, it is great to be me.

Now for the bad news. I really pushed the envelope in Charleston so I will need to ease back into the pastry department. However, I expect to resume full Mayoral duties soon.

Remember, my mouth may be full, but my ears are always open.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #117 on: June 12, 2018, 05:02:07 PM »
Evidently, due to a new cleanse/detox in my household, I may be lucky to have anything but algae (only half kidding)for dinner the next few weeks, so I am loading up and hitting Sweet Theory tomorrow while I still can.

Can any regulars give me an idea if they sell out of stuff early? Not sure how popular it is on weekdays but I will likely not be able to get there until after 10....

benfranklinbof

• Murray Hill Billy
« Reply #118 on: June 12, 2018, 09:19:19 PM »
You should be fine before 3
Murray Hill Billy

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #119 on: June 13, 2018, 10:43:17 AM »
And the mayor has finally been to Sweet Theory. The official review......

First, I loved the interior....my kind of place. Slightly odd furniture set up...must be fun when it is busy.
Second, a very nice young lady helped me...A+ service so massive tip. (funny how that works)

I went with the intention of trying the donuts....and left with donuts....some kind of muffin/doughnut....coffee cake....and the biggest cinnamon roll in the history of pastrykind. Yeah, I hit it hard. Too hard. I could use the pastry box for curls.Thank god this place isn't in San Marco or instead of your lean mean mayor machine, I would be trying out for the Jags O-line.

But anyway....

I tried a chocolate frosted donut (very good) and a jam filled (out of this world).

The muffin/donut was very good as well...it was like a nice cake donut with cinnamon sugar in the shape of a muffin.

Cinnamon roll is obscenely good and may need to be outlawed.

And to top it off, the cinnamon coffee cake is incredible. (yes, I have a cinnamon fetish)

This place just doesn't get added to the donut passport, it needs its own passport. Unreal. It gets the Mayoral medal of honor.

Ok, so now I have to stare at a huge box of partially eaten pastries (I could eat for a week)while I prepare for workout of the day #2 which will now be extra painful. Screw whoever recommended this place ;D