Author Topic: Good Dough Doughnuts !?!  (Read 27548 times)

MusicMan

Re: Good Dough Doughnuts !?!
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2017, 08:31:23 PM »
Enjoyed a box of Good Dough products this morning.

Was excellent.  Recommend. If you get them warm from the oven your blessed.

sanmarcomatt

• Mayor of The Donut District
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2017, 02:04:02 PM »
Sorry I haven't updated this thread as I know how much everyone looks forward to my GD updates. Right? Bueller? Bueller?
Unfortunately, the menu hasn't had much to offer me recently and I am still recovering from visiting my favorite doughnut shop in Charleston. Frankly, I may have consumed my doughnut allotment thru 2019.

However, this month's menu is showing a "Cinnamon Roll Bomb" which, based upon some of their previous "bombs", could be life altering. I am incredibly disciplined so I will be waiting until Friday to try it. Since the weather is going to suck on Friday,  Mrs SMM and I have decided that a box of doughnuts is pretty much the only way to deal with it.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2018, 03:02:21 PM »
Yes, I see the appeal of crazy flavors and of course you have to justify a premium price point.
But, I am a pretty boring person so I usually just want a freaking chocolate doughnut with sprinkles. Or how about  a jelly doughnut? No, not a green tea,avocado infused, acai jelly doughnut. Just a f'ing jelly doughnut! is that too much to ask???

Not anymore. 2 for 2 baby!

Oh yeah. February could be rough.

JPalmer

« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2018, 03:29:51 PM »
Huh?

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2018, 03:44:42 PM »
Huh?
I get that alot. I will translate.

GD offers a rotating menu on a monthly basis.Many of their flavors are unusual. They have never (as far as I know) offered a basic jelly doughnut or a simple chocolate covered doughnut with sprinkles which are normally staples in your typical doughnut shop. For February, they are offering both which makes me very happy. Simple flavors done well for a simple person such as me.

Better?

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2018, 04:08:33 PM »
Huh?

SMM is retired so he channels all a lot of his creativity into MJ posts. We just have to take the good with the bad.

remc86007

« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2018, 04:12:29 PM »
SMM: Your enthusiasm for doughnuts is refreshing. Good Dough owes you some compensation (at least some free doughnuts) for all the attention you've given them. I'd attribute at least 5k of the views on this thread to you.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2018, 04:17:17 PM »
Huh?

SMM is retired so he channels all a lot of his creativity into MJ posts. We just have to take the good with the bad.

There's good?!?!
I am suddenly feeling like Sally Field at the Oscars.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2018, 04:26:44 PM »
SMM: Your enthusiasm for doughnuts is refreshing. Good Dough owes you some compensation (at least some free doughnuts) for all the attention you've given them. I'd attribute at least 5k of the views on this thread to you.

Thank you.That was very nice.

I don't really know why I "adopted" GD on MJ specifically as  we spend a small fortune on various local San Marco eateries. I just love the idea of a local doughnut shop, I guess. I actually don't even go there that much. I would go more but when you're married to a babe, ya gotta watch the midsection.....

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2018, 03:42:32 PM »
After an internet sabbatical, I'm back and I'm back big. Why am I big? Because Good Dough is now offering a f'ing cinnamon roll. And I have eaten too f'ing many.

They actually see to be a little low on cinnamon but it doesn't f'ing matter. Too f'ing good.

KenFSU

« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2018, 05:39:43 PM »
After an internet sabbatical, I'm back and I'm back big. Why am I big? Because Good Dough is now offering a f'ing cinnamon roll. And I have eaten too f'ing many.

They actually see to be a little low on cinnamon but it doesn't f'ing matter. Too f'ing good.

My man.

How long was the sabbatical?

How was it?
Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!
http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Football-Jacksonville/dp/0990342409/

funwithteeth

« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2018, 05:44:11 PM »
Last time I went, I had their ham, egg, and cheese sandwich and while it was fine, I was slightly disappointed it was served on a plain doughnut. I was hoping for at least a little sugary glaze to contrast with the savory fillings.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2018, 06:03:27 PM »

My man.

How long was the sabbatical?

How was it?

A little over a month. For MJ readers, I assume it was great!

For me, It was a nice "cleanse".

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2018, 01:21:37 PM »
There is evidently an interesting "doughnut development" as there is signage in the space next to Stan's for "The Doughnut Factory". For those not familiar with the area, this is probably a couple hundred yards from Good Dough. Is "clustering" good for doughnut shops?!?!? I wouldn't think so and would lean toward the DF struggling but I'm a Wall Street guy not a small business Main Street guy so what do I know?

With Southern Grounds coming along with their huge build out on Atlantic, the San Marco Coffee/Pastry battle is about to heat up.

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2018, 02:21:16 PM »
Is the donut district required to be shaped like a circle?  ;D

Im always excited for new development but my wife doesn't allow these sweet treats so I don't know what I'm missing...