Author Topic: Good Dough Doughnuts !?!  (Read 34831 times)

sanmarcomatt

• Mayor of The Coffee District
Re: Good Dough Doughnuts !?!
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2017, 04:26:41 PM »
My name is sanmarcomatt. I'm a former member of the middle weight class, raised by two accountants in a tiny apartment in Riverside. The year I turned 56, at the behest of the Good Dough Donut Shop, I gained 49 pounds.  Which really pissed me off, because it was three shy of a pound a week.

Outstanding work. Not sure about changing 26 to 56 though:)

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2017, 10:54:45 AM »

You seem unusually defensive (Publix?) about a post I made completely in jest . About doughnuts. Doughnuts.

Doughnuts!? We're talking about Doughnuts?!

Thus, the party comment.

Yeah, I think that's accurate. It's been a rough month.  Enjoy your doughnuts.

You know MMR, just when I think you couldn't get any angrier, you go and post something like this....and totally redeem yourself!

Sorry. I couldn't help myself. I will try to stop the movie thing.  Being responsible (even indirectly) for The Replacements being quoted should have been the wake up call I needed.

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2017, 11:43:56 AM »
Being responsible (even indirectly) for The Replacements being quoted should have been the wake up call I needed.

Watch yourself...  There's not a topic on this board that couldn't use an inspirational quote from Shane Falco. 
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2017, 02:57:15 PM »
Coffee Bomb, I know at that first glance on that magical June day, you were the "bomb of the month". You were honest and up front. I guess I just didn't believe you would be gone so soon. I Didn't want to believe it.

But this morning, when I saw the "Peanut Butter and Jelly " bomb sign and you were nowhere to be seen, it hit me hard. I went to the window where you can see the kitchen....just hoping....were they making a new batch? No, I had to face facts. There wasn't even an empty space in the display case...no name card.

You were gone.

Cinderella kicked in with their power ballad, "Don't Know what you got.........til its gooooooooooonnnnnnnnnne". I really felt those powerful lyrics for the first time.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2017, 03:04:44 PM »
What the fuck is a Coffee Bomb?
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2017, 03:16:20 PM »

A taste of heaven?

It's earthly form is a small round doughnut stuffed with coffee flavored filling and covered with coffee sugar.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2017, 03:43:03 PM »

A taste of heaven?

It's earthly form is a small round doughnut stuffed with coffee flavored filling and covered with coffee sugar.

That sounds delicious. I'm glad I asked. I assume they have these at Good Dough?
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

benfranklinbof

• Murray Hill Billy
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2017, 06:42:27 PM »
Damn them for not having vegan options. Oh well I still have Sweet Theory
Murray Hill Billy

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2017, 03:29:43 PM »
So the Evil social media poster for Good Dough just announced the flavors that will be ending in July and the Monte Cristo is no more. First the Coffee Bomb disappears and now this.On top of that, the French Toast is gone too. WTF!?! It is times like these that really test one's character. Syrian refugees? Please. This is real adversity.

Of course, this is a rather obvious ploy on their part to get people to rush out and buy their favorites before the end of the month.How stupid do they think we are?

Yeah....I will go before the end of the month...but just once, dammit!

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2017, 08:36:37 AM »
Considering all of the current disasters...North Korea, Harvey, Irma, The Jaguars front office..........I can offer a ray of good news:

Coffee Bombs Are Back! Unfortunately for me, they were changed slightly as now there is a creme brulee coating on the outside but I can "suffer"thru the too sweet coating to get into the legendary coffee filling.

For this month, there is also a blue berry cake which I had from a fresh warm batch which was crazy good. (Note. I had one to go which I had much later and it was not nearly as good as the fresh one).

And for coconut fans, my wife says the the Samoa and the German chocolate were great.

Ok, now back to less important issues.....

MusicMan

« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2017, 08:31:23 PM »
Enjoyed a box of Good Dough products this morning.

Was excellent.  Recommend. If you get them warm from the oven your blessed.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2017, 02:04:02 PM »
Sorry I haven't updated this thread as I know how much everyone looks forward to my GD updates. Right? Bueller? Bueller?
Unfortunately, the menu hasn't had much to offer me recently and I am still recovering from visiting my favorite doughnut shop in Charleston. Frankly, I may have consumed my doughnut allotment thru 2019.

However, this month's menu is showing a "Cinnamon Roll Bomb" which, based upon some of their previous "bombs", could be life altering. I am incredibly disciplined so I will be waiting until Friday to try it. Since the weather is going to suck on Friday,  Mrs SMM and I have decided that a box of doughnuts is pretty much the only way to deal with it.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2018, 03:02:21 PM »
Yes, I see the appeal of crazy flavors and of course you have to justify a premium price point.
But, I am a pretty boring person so I usually just want a freaking chocolate doughnut with sprinkles. Or how about  a jelly doughnut? No, not a green tea,avocado infused, acai jelly doughnut. Just a f'ing jelly doughnut! is that too much to ask???

Not anymore. 2 for 2 baby!

Oh yeah. February could be rough.

JPalmer

« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2018, 03:29:51 PM »
Huh?

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2018, 03:44:42 PM »
Huh?
I get that alot. I will translate.

GD offers a rotating menu on a monthly basis.Many of their flavors are unusual. They have never (as far as I know) offered a basic jelly doughnut or a simple chocolate covered doughnut with sprinkles which are normally staples in your typical doughnut shop. For February, they are offering both which makes me very happy. Simple flavors done well for a simple person such as me.

Better?