Author Topic: Bike Trails in and Around Jacksonville  (Read 7187 times)

jaxrox

• Juno Who
    • Personal Page  FOLLOW ME IF YOU DARE
Re: Bike Trails in and Around Jacksonville
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2017, 10:51:01 AM »
Maybe we should organize a community meetup bike ride event? Me&Mine like to ride our mountain bikes too :)

I am partial to the huge number of trails and the long distances available at the Equestrian center.  They are not challenging in the manner of Hannah park or Tillie Fowler MB trails but they are scenic and lengthy.  You are unlikely to come across another human with the exception of occasional horse riders... the very few bikers or runners.  I usually see more deer than humans...
Scenic and lengthy is good..mmm..yummy..deer..been too long since I had venison lol

JohnnyG

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2017, 04:06:07 PM »
Maybe we should organize a community meetup bike ride event? Me&Mine like to ride our mountain bikes too :)

I am partial to the huge number of trails and the long distances available at the Equestrian center.  They are not challenging in the manner of Hannah park or Tillie Fowler MB trails but they are scenic and lengthy.  You are unlikely to come across another human with the exception of occasional horse riders... the very few bikers or runners.  I usually see more deer than humans...
Scenic and lengthy is good..mmm..yummy..deer..been too long since I had venison lol

Is admission to the Equestrian center for bikers free?  Are the trails easy to follow or marked?  I've never been out there but am definitely interested in checking it out.   

jaxrox

• Juno Who
    • Personal Page  FOLLOW ME IF YOU DARE
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2017, 09:25:49 PM »
I would like to know this also

lastdaysoffla

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2017, 09:32:03 PM »
I'm gonna share my secret spot because I like y'all.

Julington-Durbin Preserve off of Bartram Park Blvd in Mandarin

Don't tell everybody else though, please..  :D

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2017, 05:31:28 AM »

Is admission to the Equestrian center for bikers free?  Are the trails easy to follow or marked?  I've never been out there but am definitely interested in checking it out.   
Free.  Well marked?  Not really... there is a map at trailhead and with your phone's mapping function they are easy
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2017, 07:13:02 AM »
This area was part of a former HUGE airbase and back in WWII it was a Gunnery school for army aviators... Many of the trails were roads or walkways as part of the base and many old structures still exist... the link below describes some of the history and explorations..

https://www.metrojacksonville.com/forum/index.php/topic,8193.0.html
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub

acme54321

« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2017, 05:09:55 PM »
I'm gonna share my secret spot because I like y'all.

Julington-Durbin Preserve off of Bartram Park Blvd in Mandarin

Don't tell everybody else though, please..  :D

I hear it's a sandpit.