Author Topic: Downtown's Doro District Secures Parking  (Read 6376 times)

Jax-Nole

Re: Downtown's Doro District Secures Parking
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2017, 06:12:27 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the lot that they plan to bring the Hart Bridge Expressway ramps down over? If it is, I wonder if the two projects took each other into account. The date on the rendering for this parking lot is November 3rd, and the Hart Bridge Expressway plan was announced around the 30th of November. I hope they don't interfere with each other.

http://3o15h033zmpwracwx2i00rqx.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/FullSizeRender-10-3500x1909.jpg
Picture and link borrowed from Lake's post in the Hart Bridge ramp removal forum

MusicMan

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2017, 08:54:30 AM »
Area improving for sure!!

Would love to see Khan bring in another big money developer/friend with real world successful track record of improving an area like this, so we get another line of input not just the Khan team. Surely this makes finishing Berkman II a better long term bet for someone, correct?  I'm staring to believe a Peninsula type building would be great right in that area, on the water. The views would be spectacular.

downtownbrown

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2017, 02:01:04 PM »
Been to Charleston lately?  Did a culinary tour of North King St last weekend.  5 years ago the area was a boarded up, dangerous part of town.  Now it's young, hip, happenin', all led by start up local restaurant groups, helped by local political commitment.  The abandoned building count has been vastly diminished, crime has been pushed out, tourism is through the roof.  And they have no equivalent of the Vet, the baseball grounds, or Everbank.  If there are enough risk takers, no reason Doro and the rest of the core can't mimic their success.  Desperately need more housing units, though.  As does Charleston.

JFman00

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2017, 10:21:01 AM »
This is the kind of positive incremental improvement that leads to better things and we should be just as if not more supportive of them than billion dollar mega projects.

Gunnar

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2017, 11:01:21 AM »
Agree, but IMHO in order for this to work you both need a sufficient stock of (usable) empty buildings, as well as owners either wanting to part with them or rent them out for a reasonable price. Empty lots and overpriced ruins really aren't enablers.
I want to live in a society where people can voice unpopular opinions because I know that as a result of that, a society grows and matures...” — Hugh Hefner

JFman00

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2017, 07:59:44 PM »
Empty lots are daunting to small-scale development if they have to be eaten whole. Would love to try out being a small mixed-use property developer.

KenFSU

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2018, 04:16:37 PM »
With all the talk about the sports complex lately, curious if anyone's heard anything new about the Doro District.

After a flurry of initial activity - DDRB review, parking procurement, DIA approval - seems like this project has fallen silent since last May.
Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!
http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Football-Jacksonville/dp/0990342409/

JaxVision

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2018, 07:40:25 PM »
Any news on if the bowling alley has been shelved or is that going to go up this year? This district could become what Pinewood Social in Nashville is.

tufsu1

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2018, 11:02:37 PM »
With all the talk about the sports complex lately, curious if anyone's heard anything new about the Doro District.

After a flurry of initial activity - DDRB review, parking procurement, DIA approval - seems like this project has fallen silent since last May.

The Chamber's annual meeting next week is happening at the Doro

KenFSU

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2018, 11:15:36 PM »

The Chamber's annual meeting next week is happening at the Doro

Sweet!
Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!
http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Football-Jacksonville/dp/0990342409/

acme54321

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2018, 09:34:18 AM »
Has anyone used the dock at Intuition?  It looks like it's been fixed up on Google maps.  Is there a gate or anything on it?