Author Topic: Lenny Curry wants state money to remove Hart Bridge ramps near Everbank Field  (Read 34620 times)

RattlerGator

Re: Lenny Curry wants state money to remove Hart Bridge ramps near Everbank Field
« Reply #240 on: December 06, 2018, 04:31:35 PM »
It was laughable from the beginning that the City made the freight enhancement argument so they could apply for the one Federal program - the better bet is submit under the BUILD (formerly TIGER) program.

Laughable . . . from the beginning. There's that optimism that defines this ever-doubtful board.

RattlerGator

Re: Lenny Curry wants state money to remove Hart Bridge ramps near Everbank Field
« Reply #241 on: December 06, 2018, 04:33:19 PM »
Ah. That does sound right.

You're damn right it sounds right . . . because it *is* right and they *are* going to get federal money to finish it off.

But y'all keep bitching and moaning and doubting. Greenville, Greenville, Greenville -- right, vic ? ? ?

Do you remember this, vic?

I mean, some people understand politics and some people bitch about density.

RattlerGator

« Reply #242 on: December 06, 2018, 04:45:02 PM »
I sure am super excited about this project. It will definitely improve freight movements to/from Talleyrand. The City was smart to suggest such a benefit to the Feds. Too bad they couldn't envision it ;)

Snarked just a bit too soon, tufsu1.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #243 on: December 06, 2018, 04:52:04 PM »
It was laughable from the beginning that the City made the freight enhancement argument so they could apply for the one Federal program - the better bet is submit under the BUILD (formerly TIGER) program.

Laughable . . . from the beginning. There's that optimism that defines this ever-doubtful board.

You just validated his response. This pot of money comes from the BUILD program!
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

RattlerGator

« Reply #244 on: December 06, 2018, 04:59:14 PM »

Even Vic's quote is right. It's two years and you're still looking at a few more years.

First, thank you FlaBoy. And Adam, I still loves ya, bwah and so does the Orange Bad Man. Ha !!!

But Ennis, woah Ennis . . .  don't you dare play that game, Polk County. Take this victory lap beating like the man you are. I didn't validate anything because I didn't specify a program -- did I? I merely said the money would absolutely be forthcoming, federal and state.

I was correct, y'all were blatantly wrong, and no amount of dancing a jig changes that.

This thread should seriously be archived and highlighted. Optimism costs no one anything, MetroJax commenters, a respect for politics is always warranted, and y'all seriously don't know who the hell Lenny Curry is. We're truly lucky to have him as mayor.

Shiznit is happening in Big Duval, and more is on the way. Now if those (excuse me, "our") damn Jaguars could just give me some good play for the remainder of this season . . . all will be well.

Now, time for wifey's Christmas party. I'm not sure why exactly but . . . I'm in one hell of a celebratory mood.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #245 on: December 06, 2018, 05:20:29 PM »
The (Florida) Legislature is supposed to be working on the funding, and our delagation is behind it. But they are almost all newbies and won't be in any leadership positions. The main issue will be identifying the money; the next issue will be FDOT actually getting on the ball with it if the money is found. And no, the President of the United States isn't going to weigh in on a state issue affecting one bridge in one city.

Say what now ? ? ?

• It's 2 years later. The Florida legislature now has identified money, but there's no indication when work will start. Another year? Two years? More?
  • To my knowledge, the president of the United States has not weighed in on this state issue that affects one bridge in one city.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

jagsonville

« Reply #246 on: December 06, 2018, 05:37:02 PM »
Rattlegator went off on everyone. This is gold!  ;D

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #247 on: December 06, 2018, 06:16:06 PM »
Lol I love it!
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

vicupstate

« Reply #248 on: December 06, 2018, 07:16:49 PM »
If an Infrastructure bill gets passed, which is a very big IF, that would at least provide a pot of money to do this project. more likely,  it would allow a higher priority project to get funded and thereby be removed as an competitor for funding.  If the engineering work is already done, that would increasing the chances of something happening sooner rather than later.  Regardless, until Curry or someone has some big chips to play, I wouldn't expect this to move forward  in the next year or two.

So many doubters in the big city.

1) I said an Infrastructure bill was unlikely to pass.  Not only has an Infrastructure bill NOT been passed in the two years hence, it was not even been unveiled.
2) I said that work on this would not start within two years. I was right.

No one ever said that this project would NEVER happen, nor that the Feds would not fund any of it. When Curry made the announcement you were expecting funding in short order and actual work to begin in like a year. These projects take longer than that. In two years the final funding is in place and some design work has been done. It will be more months before demolish or other actual work happens.     

"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." - Abraham Lincoln

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #249 on: December 06, 2018, 07:40:20 PM »

Even Vic's quote is right. It's two years and you're still looking at a few more years.

First, thank you FlaBoy. And Adam, I still loves ya, bwah and so does the Orange Bad Man. Ha !!!

But Ennis, woah Ennis . . .  don't you dare play that game, Polk County. Take this victory lap beating like the man you are. I didn't validate anything because I didn't specify a program -- did I? I merely said the money would absolutely be forthcoming, federal and state.

I was correct, y'all were blatantly wrong, and no amount of dancing a jig changes that.

This thread should seriously be archived and highlighted. Optimism costs no one anything, MetroJax commenters, a respect for politics is always warranted, and y'all seriously don't know who the hell Lenny Curry is. We're truly lucky to have him as mayor.

Shiznit is happening in Big Duval, and more is on the way. Now if those (excuse me, "our") damn Jaguars could just give me some good play for the remainder of this season . . . all will be well.

Now, time for wifey's Christmas party. I'm not sure why exactly but . . . I'm in one hell of a celebratory mood.

Sorry, you were wrong. Two years have past since the immediate funding was supposed to show up. If we base things off your original assessment, the bridge should already be done by now. In reality, we're still years away and that's assuming there's no environmental hiccups along the way.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #250 on: December 07, 2018, 04:49:12 AM »

Glad to see you're still around. It got a bit quiet on the RattlerGator front for a while. But I guess you chose a good moment to reappear.

Merry Christmas!
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #251 on: December 08, 2018, 09:20:29 AM »
Recent article from the TU. Based on a study from FDOT, which sounds like part of the application for the freight grant for "improving access to Talleyrand" ports. Says it will improve downtown traffic.
 http://www.jacksonville.com/opinion/20180826/downtown-thumbs-hart-bridge-changes-would-improve-downtown-traffic

This is a good plan.  I hope they keep plugging away to put together the pieces to get it done.

Charles Hunter

« Reply #252 on: December 10, 2018, 08:15:07 PM »
If the Florida Legislature appropriates money to remove the Hart Ramps, it will likely come at the cost of deferring projects in the Jacksonville area that FDOT has already vetted, or is in the process of vetting.  These "earmark" projects come from the same pot of gas tax money as the projects already in the FDOT's five-year plan.  Will be interesting to see what project(s) get pushed out, or canned.  Another alternative would be to reduce the scope, or the cost estimate, of an existing big dollar project - where $12.5 M "won't be missed".