Author Topic: A First Look Inside The Strand  (Read 5440 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
A First Look Inside The Strand
« on: March 06, 2007, 12:00:00 AM »
A First Look Inside The Strand

The Strand (http://www.thestrandsouthbank.com), one of several newly constructed condo towers on the Southbank, is nearing completion. Take a first look inside and enjoy the views.

Full Article
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/content/view/360

Jason

• Global Moderator
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 08:41:43 AM »
The only word that comes to mind is WOW!!!!

The Peninsula should look even better and the VU better yet.

WOW!

RYP

Any scoop on San Marco Place?
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 08:47:50 AM »
How is San Marco Place coming along?  When will that be fully completed?  It will be nice to have two finished highrises on the Southbank, with more to come....

dj

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 08:58:06 AM »
People are already living in San Marco Place. It still isnt fully completed though.

Adam B

BORING
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 10:35:46 AM »
the actual condos look dull.  like a hotel room.  granted, you can change things up with paint, but there isn't crown molding, and the layout is so freaking basic.

Johnny

Nice
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 12:12:59 PM »
I wouldn't mind investing in one to use as a rental property or something. They look good w/ a great location.

Jerome Howard

The Strand
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 01:51:10 AM »
Now that's Jacksonville living!

jd

hmm
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 10:03:54 AM »
I agree with Adam B, the actual units look like any crappy apartment complex or hotel room. I was pretty impressed until I got to those pictures...

Jen

Finally! Jacksonville...refined!
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 11:06:04 AM »
Granted, the layout of the units is "simplistic". In my opinion, it's "simply beautiful". Every owner will add their own personal creativity to their home. I think the original layout makes it easy to envision your own touches, yet still see a very raw beauty in the place even without anything added!

Riskable

Ick
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2007, 04:07:42 PM »
While the lobby looks impressive, the actual units inside this place look like 1980s-style slums with modern upgrades and a really nice view.

Also, that glass table surrounded by odd-looking barstools looks like it will never be used.  I doubt anyone could be comfortable at that table for more than 5 minutes.

-Riskable
http://riskable.com
"I have a license to kill -9"

John

Must See !!!
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 06:06:47 PM »
That lobby is huge and looks fantastic.
The views look awesome.
I'm not worried by the layouts because you can never really grasp the functionality of a condo from a photo.  It has to be seen in person.  I have to get up there to take a look.
I can't wait to get out of this garden apartment.   It will be great to be able to live on the river.  I can't wait.

Anthony

RentalsS?
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2007, 10:18:41 AM »
How could I go about renting one of these apartments?  Looks great!

Noone

Re: A First Look Inside The Strand
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 04:31:48 AM »
Any MJ'er or forum reader on here living at the Strand or Penninsula that would allow me to take some pictures of Downtown from the balcony? I've never been in either building. Noticed the pool table. Anyone think they have game?

I'll treat you at Robert's Eatery.

I've always loved the location. I believe the place was also permitted for a 50 slip marina.

ben says

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 07:15:41 AM »
My sister lives there. I'll see if I can get a key from her within the next few days. I've always liked the Strand/Peninsula. The only thing I don't like about it is there's not much walkability once you leave the place. Typical: hop in your car and go somewhere type.
For luxury travel agency & concierge services, reach out at jax2bcn@gmail.com - my blog about life in Barcelona can be found at www.lifeinbarcelona.com (under construction!)

Noone

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 07:47:18 AM »
Thanks Ben. Hey, would you like to kayak under the TU or the Duval county courthouse?

I know I Khan Make that Happen.