Author Topic: Out of Bounds: Who Will Win The NBA Finals 2016  (Read 7965 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Out of Bounds: Who Will Win The NBA Finals 2016
« on: June 02, 2016, 03:05:01 PM »
Out of Bounds: Who Will Win The NBA Finals 2016

Its June and the heat of summer is almost upon us.  Or, it's here already and I'm just pretending that's a breeze outside.  Either way, If you are a basketball fan, it means there is one last basketball hurrah. It happens to be the most significant annual event of the basketball world - the NBA Finals.  This year's match-up between the feisty, sharp shooting Golden State Warriors against the big three of the Cleveland Cavaliers could prove to be one of the classic series of all time.

Read More: http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2016-jun-out-of-bounds-who-will-win-the-nba-finals-2016

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Re: Out of Bounds: Who Will Win The NBA Finals 2016
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 09:31:53 PM »
I could care less about GS or Curry. I just don't want LeBron to win one for the Cavs. It will mess up my Miami Heatles 30 for 30, ten years from now. I'll be watching Roots but go GS.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

camarocane

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 07:55:10 AM »
I could care less about GS or Curry. I just don't want LeBron to win one for the Cavs. It will mess up my Miami Heatles 30 for 30, ten years from now. I'll be watching Roots but go GS.

As a Heat fan on the opposite side of the spectrum, I sincerely hope LeBron wins one in Cleveland. Regardless of his quick exit from AAA, he did bring us two championships and we were in the game each year he was here. I wish him nothing but the best, as long as he's not playing the Heat. 

funwithteeth

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 08:11:40 AM »
Loving this nuts-smashing playoffs, man.

Really hoping last night's game wasn't a harbinger for this series; I don't care who wins as long as I get as many competitive games as possible. But that isn't going to happen if the Cavs just keep running ISOs for LeBron and Kyrie and hope for the best.

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 08:19:26 AM »

The Stanley cup finals are...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

funwithteeth

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 08:33:29 AM »
https://twitter.com/NateDuncanNBA/status/738604478400602112?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

One made basket on 18 possessions. Just some top-flight playmaking right there.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 08:58:07 AM »

Really hoping last night's game wasn't a harbinger for this series; I don't care who wins as long as I get as many competitive games as possible. But that isn't going to happen if the Cavs just keep running ISOs for LeBron and Kyrie and hope for the best.

That's been their offense for the entire season. Run ISO and kick it out to JR Smith for 3 if he's hot.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

funwithteeth

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 09:11:44 AM »
Which is fine when it works, but it wasn't working last night. And they kept with it even after it was clear it wasn't working.

Speaking of JR, he only attempted three shots last night. I know he skinned his shooting hand at one point, but he stayed in the game. They couldn't get him involved more?

Downtown Osprey

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 09:30:26 AM »
7 players out-scored Klay and Steph last night for GS. Still think it can be a competitve series, but not good news for the Cavs.

E_Dubya

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 01:06:29 PM »

The Stanley cup finals are...

Hopefully it will attract more viewers for regular season hockey as well

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 03:50:48 PM »
Which is fine when it works, but it wasn't working last night. And they kept with it even after it was clear it wasn't working.

Speaking of JR, he only attempted three shots last night. I know he skinned his shooting hand at one point, but he stayed in the game. They couldn't get him involved more?
It works when you're simply more talented than the teams in the East. Not so much when you're going up against the top teams out West.

funwithteeth

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2016, 07:27:00 AM »
If OKC hadn't choked in game 6, they'd be NBA champions by the end of the week.

What a miserable series.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2016, 07:32:37 AM »
Yeah, those guys on OKC have to feel pretty bad right now. Are there any adjustments the Cavs can do to make this more of a competitive series?

funwithteeth

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2016, 07:58:50 AM »
Trading for Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2017, 06:33:13 AM »