Author Topic: Avett Brothers to play before Florida-Georgia game  (Read 1841 times)

Metro Jacksonville

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2644
    • MetroJacksonville.com
Avett Brothers to play before Florida-Georgia game
« on: May 24, 2016, 07:15:01 AM »
Avett Brothers to play before Florida-Georgia game



The Avett Brothers are an American folk rock band from North Carolina featuring brothers Scott and Seth Avett

Read More: http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2016-may-avett-brothers-to-play-before-florida-georgia-game

johnnyliar

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 392
Re: Avett Brothers to play before Florida-Georgia game
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 07:52:26 AM »
I would consider them arena sized.

Downtown Osprey

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 364
Re: Avett Brothers to play before Florida-Georgia game
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 09:17:04 AM »
Wow, wasn't expecting that. Love the choice.

JBTripper

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 212
Re: Avett Brothers to play before Florida-Georgia game
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 02:10:53 PM »
It's true they played the Florida Theater when they last visited Jacksonville. It's also true that that was in 2012, and they sold it out in a matter of minutes. This year's tour has them playing in lots of big venues, including JVMA. They are definitely an arena-sized act.

Plus, it's Florida-Georgia weekend.

Gators312

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 502
Re: Avett Brothers to play before Florida-Georgia game
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 03:50:54 PM »
I would consider them arena sized.

Last time they played here, it was Florida Theater, wasnt it? Or maybe St. A Amphitheater? I dont see them as a big enough draw to fill a 13-16,0000 seat arena.  It's fine if i am wrong, I have no problem with this at all, just seems like an odd choice to me (though better than some country rock/rap hybrid dreck )

Their draw since 2012 had increased significantly.  In looking at their tour dates, they are probably doing 40% arenas and the other 60% is festivals and amphitheatre venues.  But many of the non-arena venues are multiple dates, including 3 nights at Red Rocks & two nights at Pier Six Pavilion in Baltimore.   

I think it's a great match for Fla - Ga weekend, should be a good draw.  Kudos to Rick Catlett and Co for trying to evolve the event and grow it's popularity even further.