Author Topic: Jaguars amphitheater, flex field construction to begin next month  (Read 110622 times)

Murder_me_Rachel

Re: Jaguars amphitheater, flex field construction to begin next month
« Reply #345 on: April 16, 2017, 02:56:07 PM »

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #346 on: April 16, 2017, 05:39:33 PM »
Well remember, they never said the flex field was going to be done by Memorial Day. Only the Amphitheatre.

Also, as I attempted to state in my previous post, Khan was saying the amphitheater would only be ready to host shows, but not necessarily entirely 100% final punch list complete.

tufsu1

« Reply #347 on: April 16, 2017, 08:36:14 PM »
^ maybe so, but the flex field appears to be easier to complete than the ampitheater.

KenFSU

« Reply #348 on: April 16, 2017, 10:33:10 PM »
Jags confirmed yesterday that construction is on schedule for the amphitheater, and the flex field will be completed six weeks after the amphitheater opens.
Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!
http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Football-Jacksonville/dp/0990342409/

RattlerGator

« Reply #349 on: April 18, 2017, 04:31:33 PM »
People keep curiously doubting these professionals. Quite bizarre.

remc86007

« Reply #350 on: April 18, 2017, 07:28:23 PM »
^ Not sure if it's doubt as much as amazement due to having watched many projects less than half the size take twice as long.

jaxjaguar

« Reply #351 on: April 18, 2017, 08:38:24 PM »
Khan has shown time after time he doesn't like things to drag on and they will be completed when he says they will. The Empire State Building was built in 410 days. Meanwhile Berkman II is pushing 10 years... Lol

RattlerGator

« Reply #352 on: April 19, 2017, 10:06:29 AM »
The key (for me, at least) is the unreserved "we are on schedule" news. Why doubt them? Why keep talking about other projects they weren't involved with? The FlexField superstructure seems to be clearly throwing off many folks. Little more than one month away for Tedeschi Trucks. We'll know soon.

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
« Reply #353 on: April 19, 2017, 05:43:34 PM »
More just curious than doubt, I am sure most on here want it to excel. You seem to be taking this a little to serious.

Jax-Nole

« Reply #354 on: April 19, 2017, 07:00:22 PM »
Supposedly, the last major piece of steel went up today. Also, walls have started to go up on the flex field. Progress is being made with 38 days until opening day.

https://twitter.com/dailysplace/status/854765813764587530

RatTownRyan

« Reply #355 on: April 24, 2017, 10:37:46 AM »
Kings of Leon is slated to perform in Jacksonville in October.

The band is scheduled to perform at at Daily’s Place Wednesday, Oct. 25.

Jax-Nole

« Reply #356 on: May 03, 2017, 09:16:22 AM »

Seats have started to go in for the amphitheater. 24 days until opening weekend.

https://twitter.com/dailysplace/status/859523064874323968

KenFSU

« Reply #357 on: May 05, 2017, 10:11:47 PM »
More just curious than doubt, I am sure most on here want it to excel. You seem to be taking this a little to serious.

+1.

Still having a hard time seeing how this becomes a complete, fully-functional amphitheater in 23 days:

Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!

Jax-Nole

« Reply #358 on: May 05, 2017, 11:10:56 PM »

Still having a hard time seeing how this becomes a complete, fully-functional amphitheater in 23 days:

It helps to see where they were roughly 25 days ago and how much progress they have made since. At that time, they had half the steel to put up over the amphitheater still, and they didn't have those buildings, or anything resembling a stage. Since then, the steel work has been completed, and the area is completely covered now. Seats have started to go in now.  If you look at the corners of the stage, you can see they are getting ready to put up the supports for lighting. It is closer than it looks, and they are working 24/7 to finish it. Seems to me like they are right on schedule.

Right click and select open image in new tab to view larger versions of pictures below.

Here was 25 days ago on April 10th:

Here was Wednesday May 3rd:

And here is what the final product is supposed to look like come May 27th:

KenFSU

« Reply #359 on: May 06, 2017, 12:26:51 AM »
^Thanks for the info!

Just saw a new Times-Union article on the progress.

Sounds more promising than just looking at the pictures.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2017-05-02/jaguars-hustle-have-amphitheater-ready-may-27-debut

A couple of interesting notes:

1) Costs are expected to exceed the $90 million originally stated, with the Jags covering all overrun costs.

2) Per the article, "It won’t have a video board over the center of the stage as originally planned. Live Nation, a concert promotion company, advised that the board would interfere with show production of concerts, according to the Jaguars’ January update to the city. Sobic said the wiring will be in place for temporary video boards as needed." Didn't quite understand this note. I don't think I've ever seen a render of Daily's Place that included a video board over the center of the stage, just two boards flanking either side of the stage. I hope they don't mean that they're removing these boards.

3) "The Jaguars decided to add a glass insert in the elevated walkway between EverBank Field and the amphitheater, so people will be able to look down at the level below, a sensation akin to being in a glass-bottomed boat."

4) "Daily’s, the convenience-store chain that is the venue’s corporate sponsor, will be building a store in the bowl of the amphitheater." Having a tough time visualizing how this will work.

5) A cigar lounge is also being added to Daily's Place.

Should be an awesome venue when it opens.