Author Topic: Political cartoons  (Read 914394 times)

Adam White

• Facebook
Re: Political cartoons
« Reply #5835 on: November 06, 2018, 08:57:55 AM »
Hitler or Stalin. You must pick one! If you don't, you are "surrendering" and have no right to complain.

Rofl... So... it IS a cop out...  ::) ;D

Being forced to choose between two different, yet similar people to manage the capitalist system is not a choice. It's no different than being forced to "choose" between two candidates in the USSR. It's not a choice. Yeah, you can point out how they differ when it comes to hot-button wedge issues, but at the end of the day, it makes close to no difference who wins.

Must be difficult getting an absentee ballot and voting in England... I certainly remember filling out that form and getting my ballots in Japan, Spain, Diego Garcia, Saudi Arabia, to name a few...  It takes effort and "want to"...

Why would I request a ballot if I have no desire to vote for any of the candidates on offer? Seems like a monumental waste of time. And think of the unnecessary air miles for that pointless ballot.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #5836 on: November 06, 2018, 09:04:22 AM »
Here's a piece that perfectly explains why some (in this case, anarchists) would see voting as being antithetical to their beliefs:

But it is the anarchists who, for well over a century, have been the most consistent advocates of conscientiously staying away from the poll. Since anarchism implies an aspiration for a decentralised non-governmental society, it makes no sense from an anarchist point of view to elect representatives to form a central government. If you want no government, what is the point of listening to the promises of a better government? As Thoreau put it: ‘Cast your whole vote, not a strip of paper merely, but your whole influence. A minority is powerless while it conforms to the majority; it is not even a minority then; but it is irresistible when it clogs by its whole weight.’

https://theanarchistlibrary.org/library/colin-ward-the-case-against-voting

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5837 on: November 06, 2018, 09:46:10 AM »
Here's a piece that perfectly explains why some (in this case, anarchists) would see voting as being antithetical to their beliefs:

But it is the anarchists who, for well over a century, have been the most consistent advocates of conscientiously staying away from the poll. Since anarchism implies an aspiration for a decentralised non-governmental society, it makes no sense from an anarchist point of view to elect representatives to form a central government. If you want no government, what is the point of listening to the promises of a better government? As Thoreau put it: ‘Cast your whole vote, not a strip of paper merely, but your whole influence. A minority is powerless while it conforms to the majority; it is not even a minority then; but it is irresistible when it clogs by its whole weight.’

Thanks Adam... lol
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #5838 on: November 06, 2018, 09:50:47 AM »

Thanks Adam... lol

My pleasure... lol

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5839 on: November 08, 2018, 07:30:22 AM »
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5840 on: November 08, 2018, 12:38:32 PM »

JeffreyS

• Demand Evidence and Think Critically.
« Reply #5841 on: November 09, 2018, 08:38:32 PM »
"If it was that bad she would have reported it" Donald Trump

JeffreyS

« Reply #5842 on: November 09, 2018, 08:40:18 PM »

JeffreyS

« Reply #5843 on: November 12, 2018, 10:53:11 AM »

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5844 on: November 14, 2018, 08:35:39 AM »

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5845 on: November 15, 2018, 08:34:03 AM »