Author Topic: Political cartoons  (Read 810062 times)

Adam White

• Facebook
Re: Political cartoons
« Reply #5625 on: November 30, 2017, 01:30:10 PM »

It is certainly is a poor effort to minimize or rationalize Warrens racial slur.

Ok I've got to hear this rationalization. In what way did Warren use a racial slur?

noun
an insinuation or allegation about someone that is likely to insult them or damage their reputation.

Is this a I know you are but what am I or perhaps an I'm rubber you're glue comment?

I don't think Warren used a racial slur - but I also don't think Trump did. That's not to say his choice of words weren't inappropriate, given the venue, the occasion and the guests - but I don't think he's guilty of using a racial slur.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 01:33:09 PM by Adam White »
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5626 on: December 01, 2017, 07:27:47 AM »
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5627 on: December 04, 2017, 06:33:12 AM »
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5628 on: December 07, 2017, 06:33:36 AM »

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5629 on: December 08, 2017, 06:35:46 AM »

JeffreyS

• Demand Evidence and Think Critically.
« Reply #5630 on: December 09, 2017, 10:39:38 AM »
"YOU are the people willing to overlook the fact that Trump is an unqualified, ignorant sociopath because DURRRR HILLARY IS BAD TOO DURRRR." Drew Margary

JeffreyS

• Demand Evidence and Think Critically.
« Reply #5631 on: December 09, 2017, 10:40:21 AM »
"YOU are the people willing to overlook the fact that Trump is an unqualified, ignorant sociopath because DURRRR HILLARY IS BAD TOO DURRRR." Drew Margary

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5632 on: Yesterday at 06:46:44 AM »