Author Topic: Political cartoons  (Read 810060 times)

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
Re: Political cartoons
« Reply #5610 on: November 22, 2017, 06:51:11 AM »
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5611 on: November 24, 2017, 06:39:37 AM »
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5612 on: November 27, 2017, 07:47:41 AM »

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5613 on: November 28, 2017, 07:23:55 AM »

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5614 on: November 29, 2017, 06:41:08 AM »

Murder_me_Rachel

« Reply #5615 on: November 29, 2017, 07:53:26 AM »
^^^ That is a lazy and stupid cartoon.

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5616 on: November 29, 2017, 08:14:05 AM »

Well that certainly matches your lazy and stupid review of it...  :)

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #5617 on: November 29, 2017, 08:46:21 AM »

“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

Murder_me_Rachel

« Reply #5618 on: November 29, 2017, 12:12:48 PM »

Cool. Didn't realize you drew the cartoon and would take such offense, or apparently thought its brilliance was so overwhelming that you'd take offense to someone calling it what it is.  But since you find my review lazy, allow me to expound: 1) the characterization of what Warren did/said, is completely wrong; 2) Trump's continued use of the term"Pocahontas" is indefensible, and just more immature, stupid, junk food bloviating from this sissy, gossip-obsessed, smooth-brained, lump of racist gelatinous orange fat.

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5619 on: November 29, 2017, 12:23:19 PM »

Cool. Didn't realize you drew the cartoon and would take such offense, or apparently thought its brilliance was so overwhelming that you'd take offense to someone calling it what it is.  But since you find my review lazy, allow me to expound: 1) the characterization of what Warren did/said, is completely wrong; 2) Trump's continued use of the term"Pocahontas" is indefensible, and just more immature, stupid, junk food bloviating from this sissy, gossip-obsessed, smooth-brained, lump of racist gelatinous orange fat.

Lol... Oh I took no offense and my reply to you achieved the desired affect. A much better critique of the cartoon.  So to your points...  Exaggeration and simplification are common themes in political cartoons.  This one is hardly any different.  The cartoonist DID label Trumps use of the term Pocahantas as racist which is probably more effective than "Indefensible, immature, stupid and racist" in the caption.

Murder_me_Rachel

« Reply #5620 on: November 29, 2017, 12:48:11 PM »
That's fair and apologies for being cranky. I am just so sick of this dipshit and his awfulness. 

If you haven't identified my MO yet, it's usually to misunderstand what someone says, get cranky and salty, and then apologize.  It's easy for me to be mad online.   
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 01:02:40 PM by Murder_me_Rachel »

JeffreyS

• Demand Evidence and Think Critically.
« Reply #5621 on: November 29, 2017, 09:22:21 PM »

It is certainly is a poor effort to minimize or rationalize the President's racial slur. 
"YOU are the people willing to overlook the fact that Trump is an unqualified, ignorant sociopath because DURRRR HILLARY IS BAD TOO DURRRR." Drew Margary

bill

« Reply #5622 on: November 29, 2017, 11:13:29 PM »

It is certainly is a poor effort to minimize or rationalize Warrens racial slur.

JeffreyS

• Demand Evidence and Think Critically.
« Reply #5623 on: November 30, 2017, 08:35:37 AM »

It is certainly is a poor effort to minimize or rationalize Warrens racial slur.

Ok I've got to hear this rationalization. In what way did Warren use a racial slur?

noun
an insinuation or allegation about someone that is likely to insult them or damage their reputation.

Is this a I know you are but what am I or perhaps an I'm rubber you're glue comment?
"YOU are the people willing to overlook the fact that Trump is an unqualified, ignorant sociopath because DURRRR HILLARY IS BAD TOO DURRRR." Drew Margary

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5624 on: November 30, 2017, 08:47:26 AM »