Author Topic: Drew Restoration Project  (Read 13434 times)

CCMjax

• "That's what we're here for boys . . . to win!!"
Re: Drew Restoration Project
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2016, 08:37:01 PM »
The whole block from Pearl to Silver is still in the proposal phase I believe.  I'm not even sure an architect has been selected or if the Drew is included in the proposal for the larger project which includes multi-family and restoration of the adjacent building.
"The first man who, having enclosed a piece of ground, bethought himself of saying 'This is mine,' and found people simple enough to believe him, was the real founder of civil society." - Jean Jacques Rousseau

Bill Hoff

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2016, 09:03:50 PM »
The Drew is separate from the larger project.

GNP Development is interviewing architectural firms now for their project, going through the PUD process. They hope to begin construction before the end of the year, though that may be ambitious.

drewshade

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2016, 09:33:57 AM »
Whats are the  latest and greatest rumors about this project?

remc86007

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2017, 02:39:47 PM »
Anybody have any news on this?

Gunnar

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2018, 12:22:53 PM »
Bump.

Also curious if anything is happening (can’t check myself since I am too far away).
I want to live in a society where people can voice unpopular opinions because I know that as a result of that, a society grows and matures...” — Hugh Hefner

Bill Hoff

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2018, 07:44:50 PM »
Bourre sold it to a couple of developers out of South Florida a month or so ago. Since that time, they've removed a lot of the debris/junk from the the inside. They say they plan a full renovation, have done other renovations in the area.

Gunnar

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2018, 05:49:31 AM »
Thanks ! Another question: Is part of the property used for the nearby development ? Forgot which one it was but I remember seeing plans on Metrojax showing how a new develoment was bordering on the Drew mansion and it looked like it used part of its property.

In any case, let’s hope there are less big announcements and more action to save this building.
I want to live in a society where people can voice unpopular opinions because I know that as a result of that, a society grows and matures...” — Hugh Hefner