Author Topic: The Oregon Wingnut Army isn't the 2nd Whiskey Rebellion  (Read 13315 times)

spuwho

Re: The Oregon Wingnut Army isn't the 2nd Whiskey Rebellion
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2017, 08:15:55 AM »
While the protesters who took over the Malheur National Refuge are still being prosecuted......it seems that there is evidence of FBI agent malpractice in the works. 

When the protest leaders were ambushed while on their way to court, "someone" shot into Finicum's Truck while he had his arms up in surrender.  Finicum saw it and reached for his loaded pistol in defense and was killed instantly by the other agents and Oregon State Police.

Video evidence shows the FBI agents looking for the shells (which went mysteriously missing later). Now they are being prosecuted for perjury.

Is it possible in the US to have law enforcement act with a higher standard anymore?

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-fbi-oregon-shooting-20170628-story.html

You're editorialising and adding something that isn't in the story. Nowhere does it say Finnicum reached for his revolver in defence (and as a reaction to the mystery gunshot):

Then, a moment after Finicum staggered out of the truck with his arms in the air, a video taken by one of the passengers inside the truck shows an apparent shot hitting the roof of the vehicle and striking a window.

Afterward, Finicum moved toward officers and appeared to reach toward his jacket, under which was a loaded gun, and was fatally shot by state troopers.

Glad you read it.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2017, 08:54:17 AM »
Well, it's very interesting. And very concerning - I agree with you about law enforcement. Who knows what the FBI agent's gunshot led to - but now it just looks really bad.

I am even more concerned about the possibility that other agents helped destroy evidence.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

spuwho

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2017, 11:50:48 AM »
Well, it's very interesting. And very concerning - I agree with you about law enforcement. Who knows what the FBI agent's gunshot led to - but now it just looks really bad.

I am even more concerned about the possibility that other agents helped destroy evidence.

Agreed, that was my biggest concern.

If the guy stumbled out with his arms up in front of an armed group of law enforcement, why (if what they said was true) would he be compelled to reach for his weapon?

I am not looking for a reason to justify the actions of the rancher here, I am suspect of the story in general. Either its poorly written, or the facts dont line up.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2017, 11:56:24 AM »

Agreed, that was my biggest concern.

If the guy stumbled out with his arms up in front of an armed group of law enforcement, why (if what they said was true) would he be compelled to reach for his weapon?

I am not looking for a reason to justify the actions of the rancher here, I am suspect of the story in general. Either its poorly written, or the facts dont line up.

Who knows. Given his views (and considering he was carrying a loaded weapon), I'm not shocked that he reached for a gun. If he had been just anyone, it would seem more suspect.

If there is a cover-up, then that's really bad news for the FBI. That does little more than feed into the narrative those wingnuts buy into.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

civil42806

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2018, 10:33:10 PM »
This whole thread was more Stephens rodeo than anything else, but in case anyone cares.  The case was thrown out with prejudice, the FBI and BLM crapped all overthemselves.

https://www.westernjournal.com/clive-bundy-ordered-released-judge-dismisses-government-case/