Author Topic: 50 Unit Apartment Behind Tidbits?  (Read 8691 times)

Captain Zissou

Re: 50 Unit Apartment Behind Tidbits?
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2017, 02:28:44 PM »
Is "workforce housing" a euphemism for "rent control"?

Pretty sure it means residents have to promise not to buy Avocado Toast.

RatTownRyan

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2017, 04:49:13 PM »
Workforce housing is a term that is being increasingly used to describe housing that is affordable for households with an earned income that is insufficient to secure quality housing within a reasonable proximity to a workplace.

RatTownRyan

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2017, 04:51:50 PM »
Also it seems that the building is oriented so that the parking garage is facing the highway. I would suspect that the "workforce housing" would also be on the highway side of the building.

MusicMan

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2017, 09:35:51 PM »
I saw somewhere that the Doctor needs to acquire adjacent parcels to pull this off. He owns 1 acre at 1444 Home Street and that's not big enough for his plans.  Prudential currently owns the vacant lot next door (according to COJ.net). Pretty sure it's part of his plans.

Then again maybe it will fit on the parcel. Cannot find the old source.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 09:41:41 PM by MusicMan »

acme54321

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2017, 07:25:32 AM »
I saw somewhere that the Doctor needs to acquire adjacent parcels to pull this off. He owns 1 acre at 1444 Home Street and that's not big enough for his plans.  Prudential currently owns the vacant lot next door (according to COJ.net). Pretty sure it's part of his plans.

Then again maybe it will fit on the parcel. Cannot find the old source.

The last rendering showed the complex on his and the Prudential lot, but not on the smaller parcel at the SW corner of the block.  So based on that I assume that he's worked some kind of deal out with Prudential but the other property owner declined.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2017, 07:54:20 AM »
Here's the last conceptual site plan and elevations:

« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 07:55:53 AM by thelakelander »
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

lastdaysoffla

FlaBoy

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2017, 03:34:23 PM »
Really good project.

jaxjaguar

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2017, 08:20:37 PM »
This is an excellent location. Easy walk to plenty of good bars and restaurants, SkyWay stations, water taxi pick up, riverwalk, etc. If they keep this reasonably priced it'll easily sell out just like 220 riverside and The Brooklyn.

Does anyone know if the old Baptist site directly on the other side of 95 was approved / has started construction for the apartments proposed there?

JBTripper

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2017, 01:59:20 PM »
Only development on the Baptist site that anyone can see from the street is that they're cutting the grass again, and that they put up an AVAILABLE sign on the corner.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2017, 08:25:24 AM »
Plans submitted. Doug Skiles being involved is excellent news.

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/san-marco-apartments-submits-plans-to-city

MusicMan

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2017, 10:30:20 AM »
This project IS NOT on the Baptist Convention site.

That is a separate development, and the developer HAS ACTUALLY PURCHASED AND CLOSED ON THE PROPERTY!! (June 6 2017  $6,150,00).  So I expect it to move forward pretty soon. 

Link: https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/florida-baptist-convention-building-hendricks-may-be-redeveloped-housing-and-retail

The AVALABLE sign is for the old Baptist Credit Union Building, which I am assuming is not going to be demolished as part of the new development. Lake knows more about this than most, perhaps he can chime in.

Fallen Buckeye

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2017, 06:25:15 PM »
So I guess I need to find somewhere else to park when I eat at Tidbits? Bummer.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2017, 07:00:39 PM »
This project IS NOT on the Baptist Convention site.

That is a separate development, and the developer HAS ACTUALLY PURCHASED AND CLOSED ON THE PROPERTY!! (June 6 2017  $6,150,00).  So I expect it to move forward pretty soon. 

Link: https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/florida-baptist-convention-building-hendricks-may-be-redeveloped-housing-and-retail

The AVALABLE sign is for the old Baptist Credit Union Building, which I am assuming is not going to be demolished as part of the new development. Lake knows more about this than most, perhaps he can chime in.

The project on the baptist site would result in demolishing everything on that block. Here's the site plan they submitted to the water management district a few months ago:

It's hard to make out at this scale, it shows street level retail space facing Hendricks, the apartment structure on the north side of the parcel and the parking garage taking up the rest of the property.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 07:02:20 PM by thelakelander »
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

MusicMan

« Reply #29 on: Yesterday at 11:31:58 AM »
Why the AVAILABLE sign then?  For commercial tenants of a not yet built structure?