Author Topic: You Don’t Have to Decide Between Security & Compassion  (Read 1261 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
You Don’t Have to Decide Between Security & Compassion
« on: November 24, 2015, 03:00:03 AM »
You Don’t Have to Decide Between Security & Compassion

Travis Trice, church organizer and resettlement manager for World Relief Jacksonville writes about his work with refugees. He shares of the successes of resettling families into the United States and explains how we are not compromising safety when being a safe space.

Read More: http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2015-nov-you-dont-have-to-decide-between-security-compassion

jaxlore

Re: You Don’t Have to Decide Between Security & Compassion
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 09:00:54 AM »
Great article Travis. I agree with you. Compassion and Kindness are the root to our success in our city, not fear and hate. Even the President of France said they will continue helping in refugee crisis if that's not an inspiration I don't know what is. Keep up the great work.

Redbaron616

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 05:05:21 AM »
You would be fools to let "refugees" in that you are unable to vet. When they have zero or fake identification, you have no idea if they are a threat or not. France, by letting even more in, is just ensuring more deadly incidents. Muslims generally do not integrate themselves in the society into which they move. This is unlike any other group that has moved to America.

aubureck

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 10:51:50 AM »
I've worked with World Relief and I know several of their staff members, it is an amazing organization.  The refugees that I have met, both Muslim and not are regular people just like us that have been through hardships that no one should face.  I have faith in the refugee screening process and I support our efforts to help those around the world.  Thank you for what you do Travis!
The Urban Planner