Author Topic: Arash Kamiar: Interview with John Rutherford  (Read 1868 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Arash Kamiar: Interview with John Rutherford
« on: October 25, 2015, 03:00:02 AM »
Arash Kamiar: Interview with John Rutherford

Former sheriff of Jacksonville, John Rutherford, discusses a range of local, state and national issues.

Read More: http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2015-oct-arash-kamiar-interview-with-john-rutherford

tufsu1

Re: Arash Kamiar: Interview with John Rutherford
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 09:28:12 PM »
I'm going to choose not to give this one minute more of my time than it takes to write this post.  I have zero interest in hearing his take on state and national issues.  It is unfortunate that he is considering running for Congress and even more unfortunate that he would have a good shot at winning.

TheCat

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 12:47:32 AM »
well, why?

Aside from his prediction that Colorado would end up outlawing marijuana, there was probably more to agree with than disagree with on much of his take on crime and corrections...which is what we talked about.

He seems to have an evolving perspective on corrections...much of it burgeoning from his pro-life stance.

The_Choose_1

• We Are Norfolk Southern
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 01:12:08 AM »
I'm going to choose not to give this one minute more of my time than it takes to write this post.  I have zero interest in hearing his take on state and national issues.  It is unfortunate that he is considering running for Congress and even more unfortunate that he would have a good shot at winning.
I second your attitude towards this ex sheriff of Jacksonville Florida. When I saw him get shot with a taser to show the general public that using a taser on the general public wasn't such a big deal. I lost any faith I had in John. And then when he bitched & moaned that he was so worried about not getting his million dollar plus pension. I don't look forward to him running and winning a seat in congress. Hey John why don't you ride off into the sunset like all the other sheriffs of Jacksonville have done. 
One of many unsung internet heroes who are almost entirely misunderstood. Contrary to popular belief, many trolls are actually quite intelligent. Their habitual attacks on forums is usually a result of their awareness of the pretentiousness and excessive self-importance of many forum enthusiasts.

tufsu1

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 08:20:12 AM »
well, why?

Aside from his prediction that Colorado would end up outlawing marijuana, there was probably more to agree with than disagree with on much of his take on crime and corrections...which is what we talked about.

He seems to have an evolving perspective on corrections...much of it burgeoning from his pro-life stance.

simple...crime is only one small part of the public policy decisions a congressman works on.  I have no disagreement with his creds with criminal justice issues (although I do disagree with some of his views), what other credentials does he have that make him worthy of being in Congress?

TheCat

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 09:20:50 AM »
well, why?

simple...crime is only one small part of the public policy decisions a congressman works on.  I have no disagreement with his creds with criminal justice issues (although I do disagree with some of his views), what other credentials does he have that make him worthy of being in Congress?

I don't really have an answer for what makes him worthy of Congress.

It didn't seem like he was framing his answers in this interview for a future run.

If I remember correctly, we lingered mostly around crime, prison, rehabilitation...etc. I did ask him about congress and he gave an ambiguous answer.

We talked about Brown. Rutherford is not a fan.