Author Topic: Arash Kamiar: Interview with Susie Wiles  (Read 5335 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Arash Kamiar: Interview with Susie Wiles
« on: October 17, 2015, 08:10:01 PM »
Arash Kamiar: Interview with Susie Wiles

Susie Wiles has a long list of accomplishments. She led the conservation efforts in Jacksonville while working as Chief of Staff for Mayor John Delaney. She was the pivotal force for bringing together the Jacksonville Journey during Mayor John Peyton's Administration. Gov. Rick Scott recruited her to lead his campaign in 2010 and John Huntsman, Former Gov. of Utah, brought Susie on to direct his presidential campaign in 2012.

Read More: http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2015-oct-arash-kamiar-interview-with-susie-wiles

Know Growth

Re: Arash Kamiar: Interview with Susie Wiles
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 10:20:05 PM »

Her involvement with the Freedom Commerce Centre wetland development proposal during the Delaney Administration was fascinating to witness.

She assumed her Sierra Club membership was cause for less scrutiny of her role,and the Administration's role in a proposal that was to garner a million dollar mitigation payment to the Preservation Plan,add wetland acreage 'protected' under the Preservation plan. The River Keeper was involved,although the Florida Wildlife Federation conducted the 'heavy lifting' with the contentious,complicated Federal Clean Water Act permit application which should have never occurred.

Soon after Susie Wiles stepped down from her position with the Delaney Administration, she appeared as a lobbyist for the Freedom Commerce Centre developer/applicant. According to my notes,the time period allowed (per Delaney era ruling) between leaving city position and engaging as private lobbyist for matters before the city may have been a bit short. Or perfectly assessed. She never did provide an answer to my inquiry as to time frame protocol.

Chris Hand

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 03:10:17 PM »
This interview is worth a listen. Arash asked thoughtful questions, and Susie provided insightful answers. She did an especially good job explaining why local government is so unique. With all of the understandable frustration about dysfunction and partisanship at the federal and state levels, this conversation is a reminder that progress is still possible in counties and cities. Thanks to Arash and Susie.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 03:11:51 PM by Chris Hand »

Know Growth

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 09:18:27 PM »
Susie is "old hat".

She squirreled out of COJ employee to Goodman Company Lobbyist,and thence to Plaid; Rick Scott.Such maneuvers were assumed non reported,piled high, Delaney's future political ambitions,subject to assumed "Strong Conservative GOP Enviro" dashed. As but one example.

My father in law,Judge William Durden, Chief General Counsel during pivotal Consolidation era, admonished,warned against firing an arrow at the Delaney/Wiles King & Queen. Not so much regards Delaney & Wiles,simply general principle.

That was easy.  8)

« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 09:42:23 PM by Know Growth »

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 09:39:16 PM »
I dare you to make less sense.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Know Growth

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 09:44:16 PM »

The more you speak of others, the more you speak of yourself.

Know Growth

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 09:58:24 PM »
Don't forget Smeegma,Dialtytical Trynaxis,Glomm and ridiculous Endless Loop Poop.

So easily side-tracked!?
Shucks, only two comments on the subject in 24 hours or so. Value!!

A homework assignment for Steven Dare:

Did the Goodman Company make a Freedom Commerce Mitigation payment, or not?
Simple ( ) Yes ( ) No

News and Information
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 10:02:45 PM by Know Growth »

Know Growth

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 10:07:29 PM »

My Father In Law far more influencial,I imagine.

The key issue is,regardless of family history,Triangle,can you research and answer the Goodman Mitigation ($1,000,000 payment to COJ) question?

8)

Know Growth

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 10:09:48 PM »
Here's a question for you, my dear riddling creature: "what have I got in my pocket?"

Save the condom for someone else

Answer the Million Dollar Question
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 10:12:17 PM by Know Growth »

Know Growth

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 10:21:56 PM »

Your pocket got a hole in it     :)

TheCat

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2015, 10:34:31 AM »
This interview is worth a listen. Arash asked thoughtful questions, and Susie provided insightful answers. She did an especially good job explaining why local government is so unique. With all of the understandable frustration about dysfunction and partisanship at the federal and state levels, this conversation is a reminder that progress is still possible in counties and cities. Thanks to Arash and Susie.

Thanks, Chris.  :)

TheCat

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2015, 06:53:37 PM »
Whoa...guess who's heading up Donald Trump's campaign in Florida?

Susie Wiles, a well-known Jacksonville political consultant, was named Friday as a Florida co-chair for Donald Trump’s presidential campaign.
Susie Wiles, a well-known Jacksonville political consultant, was named Friday as a Florida co-chair for Donald Trump’s presidential campaign.

“We have tremendous support from so many great people in the state. I am proud to watch that support grow, to see our team expand and to be leading in the polls here,” Trump said in a campaign statement. “Florida is truly one of the most important states in the election and it has always been a home to me.”

Wiles’ political experience locally, in Florida and nationally runs the gamut: She managed Gov. Rick Scott’s successful 2010 campaign. She was a top staffer to former Jacksonville mayors John Delaney and John Peyton. She served as a senior adviser to Mayor Lenny Curry’s campaign and was a member of his transition team. She was also the campaign manager for former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman’s 2012 presidential campaign.

Related: Donald Trump moving in on Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio turf in Florida

She runs the Jacksonville office of Ballard Partners, which is owned by Tallahassee lobbyist and influential Republican fundraiser Brian Ballard.

The announcement comes after much of the Jacksonville Republican donor class has thrown its support behind former Gov. Jeb Bush. Many of his backers in Northeast Florida are also close with Wiles.

Trump is making a Jacksonville campaign stop Saturday at The Landing.

Nate Monroe: (904) 359-4289

http://m.wap.jacksonville.com/news/2015-10-23/story/donald-trump-names-jacksonville-consultant-head-florida-presidential-campaign#gsc.tab=0