Author Topic: Politics of Demography: Nearly 41 Million Kurds  (Read 2349 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Politics of Demography: Nearly 41 Million Kurds
« on: September 20, 2015, 03:00:03 AM »
Politics of Demography: Nearly 41 Million Kurds

By Dr. M. Koohzad: The occupiers of Kurdistan hide the Kurds statistically.

Read More: http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2015-sep-politics-of-demography-nearly-41-million-kurds

Sentient

Re: Politics of Demography: Nearly 41 Million Kurds
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 06:10:28 PM »
Great propaganda piece.  Thanks MetroJax for the "news".  After the Opening of Native Sun and Sweet Pete's kickoff and all...

simms3

• Time has come
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 08:37:38 PM »
I appreciated what the article was trying to accomplish, and it was an interesting read about a large group of people that is truly all but forgotten (yet everyone in the western world knows fair well about the Palestinian situation).  Not sure I follow how it's a propaganda piece, or the point about mentioning Native Sun or Sweet Pete's.
Bothering locals and trolling boards since 2005

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 02:46:04 AM »
  Not sure I follow how it's a propaganda piece...

Really? Although I am very sympathetic to the author's position, it's pretty obvious to me how slanted the article is. Although there are facts in it, there are also a lot of very strong opinions, like:

As an aside: No other ethnic group in the whole world has been treated so brutally. Kurdistan has been the site of the first and the last systematic genocides, when hundreds of thousand of innocent non-combatant people were murdered. Ankara, Baghdad, and now ISIS have mercilessly mass murdered Kurds only because they were Kurds.

Whilst I agree that Turkey and Iraq have massacred Kurds, I bet the parties responsible for both would say it wasn't due to ethnicity as much as it was due to the Kurdish desire to secede. Well, we can't ask the Iraqi person responsible, since we murdered him.

Also - although it's beyond argument that Kurds have been treated terribly, how do you quantify that? How can you reasonably say no other ethnic group has been treated so brutally?

This is just one paragraph from the article. It's full of stuff like this. It's clearly propaganda.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

simms3

• Time has come
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 05:22:25 AM »
Ok.  "Propaganda" from a local blog in Jacksonville, FL that focuses mainly on urban issues.  Agree to disagree.  Opinionated, or editorial/column, is a better word, in my opinion.  And it doesn't seem to have a strong agenda.  It reads more like an informational piece than a call to action.  "Propaganda" ushers in imagery of the Nazi war machine in my mind.  The title itself doesn't even evoke any sense of action and uses no verbs.
Bothering locals and trolling boards since 2005

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 05:35:05 AM »
Ok.  "Propaganda" from a local blog in Jacksonville, FL that focuses mainly on urban issues.  Agree to disagree.  Opinionated, or editorial/column, is a better word, in my opinion.  And it doesn't seem to have a strong agenda.  It reads more like an informational piece than a call to action.  "Propaganda" ushers in imagery of the Nazi war machine in my mind.  The title itself doesn't even evoke any sense of action and uses no verbs.

If you Google the author, you'll see he posts stuff like this on a number of sites. As far as propaganda goes, maybe you just don't really know what the word means?

Edit: that last bit sounds much snarkier than intended. Sorry  :-\
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 05:56:10 AM by Adam White »

Sentient

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 07:35:01 AM »
I appreciated what the article was trying to accomplish, and it was an interesting read about a large group of people that is truly all but forgotten (yet everyone in the western world knows fair well about the Palestinian situation).  Not sure I follow how it's a propaganda piece, or the point about mentioning Native Sun or Sweet Pete's.

It's curious that in the "News" section - which is all local interest stuff here in Jacksonville - that you get a puff piece on this esoteric topic exactly at the same time as millions of people are fleeing this region seeking settlement in western Europe and in the US and meeting resistance.  As you can see the entire area (Syria, Turkey, Iraq) is "Kurdish" and this is an attempt to soften opinion on "good Muslims (Kurds)" vs "bad Muslims (all others)", but of course what you will see from economic refugees is they will all transmogrify into the "good Muslims" and are now asylum seekers.  The "Clock" Hoax campaign is along the same lines - softening opinion around Muslims.

If the readers don't think there are concerted campaigns to influence public perception taking place, well that's just naive.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 08:23:52 AM »

As you can see the entire area (Syria, Turkey, Iraq) is "Kurdish" and this is an attempt to soften opinion on "good Muslims (Kurds)" vs "bad Muslims (all others)", but of course what you will see from economic refugees is they will all transmogrify into the "good Muslims" and are now asylum seekers.  The "Clock" Hoax campaign is along the same lines - softening opinion around Muslims.

Wow. There are no words...

TheCat

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 10:06:16 AM »

It's curious that in the "News" section - which is all local interest stuff here in Jacksonville - that you get a puff piece on this esoteric topic exactly at the same time as millions of people are fleeing this region seeking settlement in western Europe and in the US and meeting resistance.  As you can see the entire area (Syria, Turkey, Iraq) is "Kurdish" and this is an attempt to soften opinion on "good Muslims (Kurds)" vs "bad Muslims (all others)", but of course what you will see from economic refugees is they will all transmogrify into the "good Muslims" and are now asylum seekers.  The "Clock" Hoax campaign is along the same lines - softening opinion around Muslims.

If the readers don't think there are concerted campaigns to influence public perception taking place, well that's just naive.

I don't think you know what a puff piece means nor do I think you know what propaganda is.

Opinions are not propaganda. Kinda like the the shit you just wrote, which is idiotic...but it's still not propaganda.

I'm sure you're not thoughtful enough to come up with this sort of asininity on your own. It takes a special kind of genius to write things that are so devoid of intelligence. And the smart ones, who say and write this sort of thing...don't actually believe it. They have more thoughtful nefarious purposes. You, unfortunately, seem to believe it. 

You make it seem like there is something wrong with softening opinions on muslims. God forbid that some people realize that muslims are human. That's a dangerous place for our Country, isn't it?

Sentient

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 12:48:26 PM »

I don't think you know what a puff piece means nor do I think you know what propaganda is.

Opinions are not propaganda. Kinda like the the shit you just wrote, which is idiotic...but it's still not propaganda.

I'm sure you're not thoughtful enough to come up with this sort of asininity on your own. It takes a special kind of genius to write things that are so devoid of intelligence. And the smart ones, who say and write this sort of thing...don't actually believe it. They have more thoughtful nefarious purposes. You, unfortunately, seem to believe it. 

You make it seem like there is something wrong with softening opinions on muslims. God forbid that some people realize that muslims are human. That's a dangerous place for our Country, isn't it?

Except it's not published as Opinion... It's published as News.  The difference - I'll explain for you - is that the Author is an avowed advocate of his point of view - not a journalist supposedly evenhandedly reporting on a topic.

So it is by definition propaganda.  You just don't realize it.