Author Topic: JTA's new transit system takes shape  (Read 1222 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
JTA's new transit system takes shape
« on: August 31, 2015, 03:00:02 AM »

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
Re: JTA's new transit system takes shape
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 08:18:55 AM »
I've brought this up multiple times, and can't help but repeat it again.

This is a no-brainer move in the shell game of 'ridership numbers', but will it actually enhance the corridor?  Doubtful.

I haven't ridden that route in a few years, but while we were discussing it, JTA already had two lines on staggered intervals that maintained a 15 minute headway from Soutel/Lem Turner to Rosa Park and back. 

You're going to have larger numbers on the single bus, but I bet if you compare the total ridership from the previous L7/L8 routes to this new single bus system, it will be remarkably the same.  Except now you have to also have those extra circulator busses to get riders to Soutel / Moncrief and to pick up the extra missing leg at Jefferson and 8th street to Rosa Park.

My personal opinion tells me that this is will be a negative net change from what was existing.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

coredumped

• Huge Member
Re: JTA's new transit system takes shape
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 07:35:24 PM »
I tend to agree with you NRW. What's sad is we spent millions of dollars on a bus system (which we already have) with priority lanes, how exciting.
It seems like Jax is a little trigger shy to do anything bold since the skyway.

Bold new city of the South indeed.
Jags season ticket holder.