Author Topic: Jacksonville Restaurants: Hole In The Wall, Part 10  (Read 7807 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Jacksonville Restaurants: Hole In The Wall, Part 10
« on: August 17, 2015, 04:35:01 AM »
Jacksonville Restaurants: Hole In The Wall, Part 10

6 More Jacksonville "Hole in the Wall" Restaurants to try.

Read More: http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2015-aug-jacksonville-restaurants-hole-in-the-wall-part-10

Prax_N_Jax

Re: Jacksonville Restaurants: Hole In The Wall, Part 10
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 08:44:48 AM »
For Filipino food, I recommend you try U.S. Pinoy Food Mart near FSCJ in the Burger King shopping plaza. it is more for Asian groceries. But they serve food as well. There's a small area to sit and eat and the choices are plentiful. It is best to ask what they are serving because they don't place 'names' above the food. We've been going here for years and have yet to be disappointed. Look into when you can.
Living in Jacksonville is like living in the province back home... so much potential for growth. not enough gitter done!

Captain Zissou

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 01:30:30 PM »
Judson's looks pretty great.  Those hand cut fries look delicious.  I'll make a trip over there soon.

DDC

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 05:55:12 PM »
Sweet, another list to try.

Though I have to ask. How long has Judson's been there? I seem to remember eating there or somewhere close but it was easily 20 years ago. Now it may have been a different owner and a different place but I know it was close to there.
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

KC

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 11:01:03 AM »
Address for the Famous Oriental Bar-B-Q Sticks restaurant is incorrect. Article lists it as 27 Seminole Rd Atlantic Beach, FL 32233.......correct address is 120 Lemon St Neptune Beach, FL 32266 (Behind Pete's Bar)

TheCat

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 04:25:43 PM »
Address for the Famous Oriental Bar-B-Q Sticks restaurant is incorrect. Article lists it as 27 Seminole Rd Atlantic Beach, FL 32233.......correct address is 120 Lemon St Neptune Beach, FL 32266 (Behind Pete's Bar)

Thanks for the catch. It's updated.

Have you dined here? What do you think?

TheCat

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 04:27:52 PM »
For Filipino food, I recommend you try U.S. Pinoy Food Mart near FSCJ in the Burger King shopping plaza. it is more for Asian groceries. But they serve food as well. There's a small area to sit and eat and the choices are plentiful. It is best to ask what they are serving because they don't place 'names' above the food. We've been going here for years and have yet to be disappointed. Look into when you can.

Definitely! I've been there a few times (while waiting for "emergency" iphone services at the repair shop in the same strip). I'll try to hit it up for the next piece.

TheCat

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2015, 04:29:16 PM »
Sweet, another list to try.

Though I have to ask. How long has Judson's been there? I seem to remember eating there or somewhere close but it was easily 20 years ago. Now it may have been a different owner and a different place but I know it was close to there.

I think Judson's has been there for at least ten years, if not more. It may very well be the same place.

Overstreet

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 09:30:39 PM »
Quote from: DDC on August 17, 2015, 05:55:12 PM, " Sweet, another list to try. Though I have to ask. How long has Judson's been there? I seem to remember eating there or somewhere close but it was easily 20 years ago. Now it may have been a different owner and a different place but I know it was close to there."

When #2 had cancer and was going through the first round of chemo@ SVMC we ate at Judson's. That would be 1996.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 09:32:56 PM by Overstreet »

camarocane

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 07:11:45 AM »
Drove by Judson's yesterday. They looked pretty closed down to me.

aaapolito

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2015, 08:07:34 AM »

I went to Judson's last Friday for lunch.  It was open and it was pretty good.  I had a nice blackened fish sandwich.  The owner prepared everything himself and he was very nice.  It's worth a shot!

riverside_mail

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2015, 10:16:01 AM »

Ron doesn't get the business he deserves. Not sure why. The food IS good. He makes a great beef brisket sandwich and the lamb sandwich is good too (when it's available). The only reason I can come up with is the lack of signage and the place could use a remodel.

escaped_to_LA

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2015, 06:51:04 PM »
Jeebus, these lists read like a who's who of where NOT to eat.  I am actually coming to visit next month and as always, finding edible food will be a challenge.  I can't eat at Orsay for my whole visit.  :(

And, do donut/cake/coffee shops count at restaurants?  I guess they do in cities where diabetes, heart disease and cancer all run amok.