Author Topic: Urban Construction Update - April 2015  (Read 11076 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Urban Construction Update - April 2015
« on: April 30, 2015, 03:00:03 AM »
Urban Construction Update - April 2015

Major construction projects have returned to the landscape of Jacksonville's urban core. Find out where (and more) as we take a brief look at the status of various developments under construction in and around Downtown Jacksonville during the month of April 2015.

Read More: http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2015-apr-urban-construction-update-april-2015

acme54321

Re: Urban Construction Update - April 2015
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 06:50:01 AM »
220 and Brooklyn Riverside sure turned out a lot more "blah" than the renderings.

Bill Hoff

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 07:52:09 AM »
#26 Hopes to be open by December 2015.

Also, you left out Tapas Old World, the newly painted red building on the 1400 block of Main Street. Work continues on the inside & outside.

Dapperdan

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 08:00:10 AM »
220 and Brooklyn Riverside sure turned out a lot more "blah" than the renderings.

What don't you like about them? They are very urban in design and fit into the area very well.

acme54321

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 08:41:27 AM »

What don't you like about them? They are very urban in design and fit into the area very well.

220 Doesn't have the big eaves that are shown on the rendering and the colors are a lot more subdued.  Brooklyn riverside is painted all doctors office beige, compare that to the renderings they've put out which was a lot more eye catching (some might argue in a bad way but I liked it)

menace1069

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 08:51:08 AM »
I liked the entire Springfield section. Lots of new positive projects getting started.  904 Margaret Street looks like it was a beautiful home in it's day. Then the other properties that are being renovated look cool, too, like the Jacobs building and the other red brick property on Laura Street. Love to see that stuff.
I could be wrong about that...it's been known to happen.

fieldafm

• Editor
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 09:01:13 AM »

220 Doesn't have the big eaves that are shown on the rendering and the colors are a lot more subdued.  Brooklyn riverside is painted all doctors office beige, compare that to the renderings they've put out which was a lot more eye catching (some might argue in a bad way but I liked it)

The pictures in the article show units that haven't been painted yet. The Brooklyn Riverside units that are open and occupied are painted exactly like the rendering.

If we are on the subject of color schemes... not only is the taxpayer-subsidized Parador parking garage that allowed a private landowner to flip a property for millions a bad thing fundamentally for downtown on such prime space (the retail will likely never be built now that there is a new ownership group), the half-@ssed pinkish color scheme is atrocious.

acme54321

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 09:08:04 AM »

The pictures in the article show units that haven't been painted yet. The Brooklyn Riverside units that are open and occupied are painted exactly like the rendering.

If we are on the subject of color schemes... not only is the taxpayer-subsidized Parador parking garage that allowed a private landowner to flip a property for millions a bad thing fundamentally for downtown on such prime space (the retail will likely never be built now that there is a new ownership group), the half-@ssed pinkish color scheme is atrocious.

That's good.  I doubt they are going to be putting the eaves on 220 though, of well.

And yes, that garage is horrible.

benfranklinbof

• Murray Hill Billy
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 09:24:35 AM »
There's the Bold Bean Cafe expansion in Murray Hill. They just posted that update on there facebook a couple of days ago. Someone is also renovating the building across the street from bold bean. I'm not to sure what the address is of the building but they are removing windows and fixing up the inside of that building. It used to be a wine store (I'm pretty sure)
Murray Hill Billy

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2015, 09:51:40 AM »
The main thing at 220 is in the renderings, the top trim was brown. In reality, it's white.

Now, it's possibly they plan to paint this too.

Jomar

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2015, 10:03:33 AM »
I spoke with the Parks & Rec department about the Julius Guinyard pool (#29), and they said construction is essentially complete and the pool will re-open with all of the area public pools on Memorial Day weekend.

jaxjaguar

KenFSU

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2015, 10:08:56 AM »
As far as adding ground level retail to the new garage when the Suntrust Tower hits 65% occupancy, anyone know what the current occupancy rate is?

Live_Oak

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2015, 10:12:07 AM »
There's the Bold Bean Cafe expansion in Murray Hill. They just posted that update on there facebook a couple of days ago. Someone is also renovating the building across the street from bold bean. I'm not to sure what the address is of the building but they are removing windows and fixing up the inside of that building. It used to be a wine store (I'm pretty sure)

Yeah, Bold bean will be opening a little café there. I'm really looking forward to it opening.

I'm glad something is happening on the other side of Edgewood Avenue. There are 5 empty storefronts on that side of Edgewood Ave.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 10:17:44 AM by Live_Oak »

fieldafm

• Editor
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2015, 10:28:40 AM »
As far as adding ground level retail to the new garage when the Suntrust Tower hits 65% occupancy, anyone know what the current occupancy rate is?

According to DIA, 47% (a number I question based on the advertised available square footage before the sale of the building). Although that is a moot point now that a new ownership group has taken over.

BTW, the new ownership group also renegged on an agreement to be a One Spark venue this year.