Author Topic: Urban Construction Update - December 2014  (Read 4421 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Urban Construction Update - December 2014
« on: December 16, 2014, 03:00:02 AM »
Urban Construction Update - December 2014

Major construction projects have returned to the landscape of Jacksonville's urban core. Find out where (and more) as we take a brief look at the status of various developments under construction in and around Downtown Jacksonville during the month of December.

Read More: http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2014-dec-urban-construction-update-december-2014

riverside_mail

Re: Urban Construction Update - December 2014
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 06:48:57 AM »
Ennis,
Here's two more for you:

1512 King St.   Elements Hookah Lounge should be open very soon.
1510 King St.   Nourish Juice Bar is waiting on permits and then will begin renovations.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 07:10:47 AM »
Nice. Thanks for the updates riverside_mail. King Street is filling up.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Bill Hoff

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 07:28:44 AM »
Regarding SPR, The Birdhouse on Pearl Street opened this past weekend to a packed house. It's a cool venue, check it out: www.facebook.com/thebirdhousejax

In contrast, I'd be surprised if the wing place on 8th or tea lounge on Main ever open. : ) May be time stop tracking those....

Also, Uptown Market on Main has begun their renovations.

Lastly, #27 is not SPR . . . wasn't that Lavilla, kinda sorta?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 07:32:19 AM by Bill Hoff »

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 07:42:44 AM »
^It would have officially been Sugar Hill or Hansontown, like FSCJ's campus. Since those neighborhoods have disappeared, along with LaVilla, it's sort of a "space inbetween."
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

fieldafm

• Editor
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 08:22:56 AM »
Southern Roots (a Jaxsons Night Market vendor) will be opening this week on King Street next to Beer:30. They will have a full coffee bar, bulk goods (grains, herbs, spices etc), health foods, prepared foods, etc.

ProjectMaximus

• Firewalking Journey
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 10:56:07 AM »
Excited about the location of Beer:30 in San Marco. Didn't realize I'd be able to walk there for my house in less than two minutes!

Doctor_K

• Your friendly neighborhood Hot Rod!
    • Carolina Fusion
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 01:07:25 PM »
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I didn't catch it anywhere:

Will the proposed Burrito Gallery tenancy in Brooklyn Station be a second location, or are they flat out moving from their current location?

I've only recently had the opportunity to discover their awesomeness, and while their continued presences looks to be assured regardless, I'd hate to see them pull out of the core proper.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create."  -- Albert Einstein

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 01:10:38 PM »
Excited about the location of Beer:30 in San Marco. Didn't realize I'd be able to walk there for my house in less than two minutes!

Oh yeah. Grape and Grain for liquor and now Beer:30 for beer. Everything's coming up Milhouse.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

ProjectMaximus

• Firewalking Journey
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 02:05:08 PM »
Will the proposed Burrito Gallery tenancy in Brooklyn Station be a second location, or are they flat out moving from their current location?

Well, they brought in a new addition to their management team to focus on building multiple franchises/locations a little while before making this announcement, so I think the assumption is this is an outcome of that new focus. IE, a second location.

Oh yeah. Grape and Grain for liquor and now Beer:30 for beer. Everything's coming up Milhouse.

It seems like a very small space, but I hope it becomes a cool place to chill with a small group.

fieldafm

• Editor
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 02:28:28 PM »
Everything's coming up Milhouse.

The only Milhouse quote better than 'Trust me Bart, it's better to walk in on both your parents than on just one of them'

Brooklyn Station BG will be a new location. The downtown store (which is now open on Sundays, and for breakfast during the weekdays) will still be open... and possibly expanded in the near future.