Author Topic: 10 Things Jaxsons Have To Explain To Out-Of-Towners  (Read 9681 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
10 Things Jaxsons Have To Explain To Out-Of-Towners
« on: December 04, 2014, 03:00:03 AM »
10 Things Jaxsons Have To Explain To Out-Of-Towners

According to our friends at Movoto Real Estate blog, here's 10 things Jaxsons will have to explain to out-of-towners.

Read More: http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2014-dec-10-things-jaxsons-have-to-explain-to-out-of-towners

coredumped

• Huge Member
Re: 10 Things Jaxsons Have To Explain To Out-Of-Towners
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 11:07:09 AM »
Not another one of these articles   :-\
Jags season ticket holder.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 11:12:01 AM »
^Lol, get used to them. There will be more. However, they'll become less noticeable for those who don't like them. A complete redesign of the site is underway that will allow us to significantly increase the amount of daily content being produced. So for every list, there will probably be four or five times as much new content on a variety of other local subjects going right up with it.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

coredumped

• Huge Member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 11:29:47 AM »
^Lol, get used to them. There will be more. However, they'll become less noticeable for those who don't like them. A complete redesign of the site is underway that will allow us to significantly increase the amount of daily content being produced. So for every list, there will probably be four or five times as much new content on a variety of other local subjects going right up with it.

No problem, and I love the site, you guys do a lot of great original work, but these are pretty bad "fluff" pieces.

For example this article "10 Things Jaxsons Have To Explain To Out-Of-Towners:
"Anything Can Go On A Biscuit When It’s This Good" - Really? Once you leave Jax people don't eat biscuits? Savannah, Birmingham, etc all are confused by our biscuit eating?

Sorry, but this is an article for an articles sake. Just my $0.02, others might really enjoy them I guess.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 11:32:01 AM »
Understood, not need to apologize. Everyone isn't going to like or read every single story that goes up.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 11:51:10 AM »
LOL. Btw, if there are any specific subjects or local news stories you'd like us to cover, just let me know.

coredumped

• Huge Member
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 02:55:07 PM »

WHAT WAS THE LAST ARTICLE YOU WROTE? WHY DON'T YOU START A JAX WHINERS SITE?

Can't hear you with all that screaming. Where's Rachel dammit? :P

This is a forum, in which I'm entitled to my own opinion, just like you are entitled to yours. Don't be so grumpy, or "you mad bro" as the kids are saying it these days.

RiversideLoki

• What do you mean we can't turn left here?
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 03:21:25 PM »
"Jaxsons"? Please tell me this isn't a thing.

Yup, which is why I'm still going to keep deleting them every time someone from here posts them over on the Jacksonville subreddit. Try real journalism, guys. Listicles are becoming the bane of social media and there's currently a huge backlash against them, and you guys are JUST now getting into them hardcore? Dude, do you even AP Style Guide?
Find Jacksonville on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/jacksonville!

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2014, 03:32:17 PM »
Try real journalism, guys. Listicles are becoming the bane of social media and there's currently a huge backlash against them, and you guys are JUST now getting into them hardcore? Dude, do you even AP Style Guide?

I suspect, we'll increase the amount of content added to the site and there will be some listacles and some other projects (like the P&C list from the MetJax/Urban Planet days coming back) mixed with "real journalism".  Everybody has their personal preferences, so everything produced isn't going to appeal the same to all of our unique viewers. The new website will have enough real estate to where an occasional list catered to one set of our readers won't turn off another segment. With that said, if you have some real journalism pieces you'd like to write and contribute, I'm more than happy to run them as well. Just send them on over, so we can get them properly attributed and scheduled.

coredumped

• Huge Member
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2014, 03:40:58 PM »
I didn't mean to start a bash-MJ thread - like I said I love the site and I know it must be hard to do original content every day, heck, some of the big news channels don't even do that, they just copy from the AP. These pieces just aren't for me, I should've expressed that in the feedback forum, my appologies.

Looking forward to the new site, keep up the good work MJ, you're an important part of the community!

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2014, 03:46:14 PM »
Again, no hard feelings. Thanks for the support. Also, don't worry. There's a lot of original local content on the way. More than what we've produced in the past.

MusicMan

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2014, 03:48:22 PM »
I love the PR for the Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra, but that picture is of new Music Director Courtney Lewis conducting the New York Philharmonic, his other gig (where he is on staff).  There are some fun new pics of him with the JSO, I'm pretty sure they are available.

BoldBoyOfTheSouth

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2014, 03:55:36 PM »
"
Jaxson is the actual correct word for Jacksonville residents by the way, it goes back more than a hundred years."

I've been wondering why they named the night market that.

coredumped

• Huge Member
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2014, 04:29:56 PM »
"
Jaxson is the actual correct word for Jacksonville residents by the way, it goes back more than a hundred years."

Agreed, and so says the gospel according to Ock:
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/forum/index.php?topic=3628.0

simms3

• Time has come
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2014, 07:44:17 PM »
I grew up in Jax and never heard "Jaxson" until this website called it out.  It's not used in everyday language, however, I have adopted it since I have heard of it.

On to this article...I HATE these.  Too fluffy even for fluff...and loads of horse shit.  "You'll never have to go far to find an art museum or other culture?"  Are you F'ing kidding me???  Jax doesn't do art and all one has to do is open this site or read the news to know that.  FL for that matter.  Don't get me started on the rest of the list, just quit posting these things (better to leave yesterday's more informative article up than to post this as the days main article - offensive to anyone who knows better - and I know it's tough to come up with new/original content so it's entirely forgivable that it doesn't happen *every day*).
Bothering locals and trolling boards since 2005