Author Topic: Creating a Timeline: Through Photographs  (Read 2295 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Creating a Timeline: Through Photographs
« on: October 10, 2006, 12:00:00 AM »
Creating a Timeline: Through Photographs

While the previous article uses city directories to illustrate the rise and fall of downtown, another effective way to get the point across is the use of historic photographs that correlate with the timeline. The pictures below are intended to give readers a visual image of the rise and fall of downtown Jacksonville from the early 1900's up to the 1970's.

Full Article
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/content/view/227

Jason

• Global Moderator
  • I am the man in the box...
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 09:38:16 AM »
I was physically hurting more and more as I scrolled down the article....

I'm glad Metro Jacksonville is here and has an ever increasing following of people that want to see Jax restored to its former glory.

Redbaron616

Re: Creating a Timeline: Through Photographs
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 06:39:56 AM »
The rise of suburbia and shopping malls with free and plentiful parking spelled the end of downtown in many cities in America. If downtown is to shine again, let the private sector do it. Don't straddle the taxpayer with things like The Landing that don't live up to their promises. Government is full of promises when they spend our money, but rarely is the end result anything like what was promised. Government mega projects should have died with the Soviet Union, but it is alive and well here in the "free" United States. Hey, there's always more taxpayer money, unless the residents vote with their feet!