Author Topic: Five Local Restaurants on the Verge of Major Expansions  (Read 3190 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Five Local Restaurants on the Verge of Major Expansions
« on: July 18, 2014, 03:00:02 AM »
Five Local Restaurants on the Verge of Major Expansions

Here's a brief look at five popular local restaurants with aggressive expansion plans over the next few months.

Read More: http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2014-jul-five-local-restaurants-on-the-verge-of-major-expansions

jcjohnpaint

• Jason John- www.jasonjohnart.com
    • Jason John Website
Re: Five Local Restaurants on the Verge of Major Expansions
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 10:16:01 AM »
I wish Taco Lu would open a few more locations in-town. 

bencrix

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 03:15:21 PM »
I love the 'Bron reference, as-in: "I'm taking my talents to 5-Points!"

CityLife

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 03:40:11 PM »
I think two of those five have serious possibilities for regional and national expansion. One in particular. Last local restaurant I was that confident in was Firehouse back in the 90's. I would have thrown down my entire college savings on Firehouse stock if it had been public back then (I was in high school at the time). I'm not going to say which one I think is most primed for growth because I'm still trying to figure out how to get in the game with them, though it is probably a long shot anyways.

TacoLu could definitely make some moves if they wanted. They aren't like for like, but imo TacoLu is way better than Taqueria del Sol, which is a popular/acclaimed Atlanta joint that is expanding.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 03:45:50 PM by CityLife »

funwithteeth

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 01:20:05 PM »
Anyone know the hours or M Shack's San Marco location? There's little mention of it on their Facebook and Twitter pages, and none at all on their main website. This is the best I could find, but no hours are listed.

coredumped

• Huge Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 01:31:50 PM »
Anyone know the hours or M Shack's San Marco location? There's little mention of it on their Facebook and Twitter pages, and none at all on their main website. This is the best I could find, but no hours are listed.

You could try tweeting them. It looks like just brunch and lunch since it's just a food truck:
https://foursquare.com/v/m-shack--food-truck/539f0e59498e50a50d2f32ce
Jags season ticket holder.

funwithteeth

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 02:19:33 PM »
^I actually signed into the Twitter account I created six years ago and never once used to do just that.

Anyway, I think they keep hours outside lunchtime. I drove by there on a Friday night a few weeks ago and it was open for business.

coredumped

• Huge Member
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 02:30:35 PM »
^I actually signed into the Twitter account I created six years ago and never once used to do just that.

Anyway, I think they keep hours outside lunchtime. I drove by there on a Friday night a few weeks ago and it was open for business.

Yeah, I'd think on the weekends they'd like to keep later hours since there's a few bars around there. I've still not tried them out but it's on my short list.
Jags season ticket holder.