Author Topic: Office of Economic Development - Spring Newsletter  (Read 977 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Office of Economic Development - Spring Newsletter
« on: April 16, 2014, 05:35:01 AM »
Office of Economic Development - Spring Newsletter

The City of Jacksonville, Mayor Alvin Brown and the Office of Economic Development provide an update on economic progress made in the city over the last few months.

Read More: http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2014-apr-office-of-economic-development-spring-newsletter

ChriswUfGator

Re: Office of Economic Development - Spring Newsletter
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 05:56:05 AM »
I wouldn't know where to begin with this heaping helping. "Best in transportation" seriously?

strider

Re: Office of Economic Development - Spring Newsletter
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 08:06:44 AM »
What I find interesting is that these numbers are as good as they are even with the fact that the urban core, a large part of the city,  is mostly ignored.  That the Federal funds Jacksonville gets to improve the urban core generally are used to keep it down and out. If we want truly good numbers, we need to start doing right by the urban core and allow things like the Mobility fee to do it's job, start spending our Federal program funds in the proper way and then remember 2015 is an election year and also realize that  sometimes things improve in spite of the leadership rather than because of it.
"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know. Everybody you see. Everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake and they live in a state of constant total amazement." Patrica, Joe VS the Volcano.