Author Topic: Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance  (Read 1095 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance
« on: March 16, 2014, 09:26:40 AM »
Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance

Marcelo Murillo, photographer and car enthusiast, captures this annual event which took place on Amelia Island on March 7 - 9, 2014.

Read More: http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2014-mar-amelia-island-concours-delegance

Noone

Re: Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 10:15:56 AM »
Thanks for sharing. Beautiful.

KenFSU

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 10:45:39 AM »
Great pictures Marcelo.

Looked like a good time.
Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!
http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Football-Jacksonville/dp/0990342409/

blizz01

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 11:16:46 AM »
Every year I tell the family that we're going & every year I either overlook or something comes up.  The weather seems to always be perfect & these photos make me drool - NEXT YEAR OR BUST!

Redbaron616

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 12:31:08 PM »
Unfortunately, since cars today are all about efficiency, they all sort of look alike. The distinctiveness found in yesteryear's cars is gone forever. Everything is slicked by for aerodynamics. It's a shame. Thanks for the pictures. Some really beautiful cars, showing some real craftsmanship.

Wacca Pilatka

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 01:19:55 PM »
Oh, how I wish this weren't in tax season every year!  I would love to go!
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

simms3

• Time has come
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 02:38:33 PM »
Best event in NEFL imo.  I miss going, and these pictures really highlight just how beautiful that part of Amelia Island really is.  I guess I need to try out Pebble Beach since I'm out here, but the Concours is definitely in the same league :)
Bothering locals and trolling boards since 2005

Ethylene

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 09:48:41 AM »
In November 2013, Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance was deemed Event of the Year by Internation Historic Motoring Awards! Next year is the 20th anniversary and I have been a full fledged volunteer for the past 5 years. This year following the conclusion of all events I ran head long into the Grand Marshall, Jochen Mass, who patiently stood for yet another picture signed a program then thanked me for volunteering! It's the best!

mbwright

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 11:40:12 AM »
I volunteered for about 5 years.  Always an an amazing collection of cars, some rarely displayed.  One of the tops events in the area.