Author Topic: Lifting Art in Jacksonville  (Read 1021 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Lifting Art in Jacksonville
« on: February 15, 2014, 03:00:02 AM »
Lifting Art in  Jacksonville

New galleries open and momentum builds. EUJacksonville shares this piece by Jen Jones, Executive Director of Unity Plaza, on the fall and rise of art galleries during the most recent recession.

Read More: http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2014-feb-lifting-art-in-jacksonville

BoldBoyOfTheSouth

Re: Lifting Art in Jacksonville
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 07:33:08 PM »
The CORK district seems like a great idea though if one drives or walks there, it seems kind of closed up and none of the design spaces or galleries seem inviting or easily identifiable entrances that are welcoming to people seeking art and creative energy.

IrvAdams

Re: Lifting Art in Jacksonville
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 07:51:51 AM »
I love that place ; it has expanded quickly and shows the local vibrancy of the arts scene. I agree it is difficult to just drop in and take a look.

It's my understanding from someone who works there that it is more of a working location and caters to the daily needs of the individual tenants, not always open for public tours or walk-ins. However, of course, they have occasional presentations and shows, etc.
“He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still”
- Lao Tzu