Author Topic: Video: Inside Riverside's Foremost Dairies, Inc.  (Read 2995 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Video: Inside Riverside's Foremost Dairies, Inc.
« on: September 24, 2013, 06:54:04 AM »
Video: Inside Riverside's Foremost Dairies, Inc.

Milk Production: "Triple Goodness". A 1948 video featuring an inside tour of milk and ice cream production in Riverside's famed Foremost Dairies processing plant.

Full Article
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2013-sep-video-inside-riversides-foremost-dairies-inc

billy

Re: Video: Inside Riverside's Foremost Dairies, Inc.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 10:55:55 AM »
There is another former Foremost building, identical to the garage (Metro) structure, on Piedmont Avenue in Atlanta, just north of the MARTA tracks.

DjDonnyD

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 01:43:55 PM »
Thanks sooo much for the video! I remember to bottles from when I was a kid on the southside in the 1970's. Thanks again!

joshuataylor

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 02:03:08 PM »
Gee, willikers! That sure was swell!

TheGeo35

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 02:26:37 PM »
In the early 1980s, I went there on a school fieldtrip when it was called the Flav-O-Rich Dairy. We took the tour and then were given Ice Cream Sandwiches to eat right outside the dairy on the sidewalk before we got back on the bus...

Charles Hunter

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 06:13:48 PM »
I took what was probably the same tour in elementary school in the 1960s when it was still known as Foremost.  Don't remember if we got ice cream sandwiches or those little cups of ice cream at the end of the tour.  Seem to remember the field trip to a dairy farm somewhere in the far westside (probably that dairy that used to be on Blanding near Townsend) to see cows.

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
  • Monster of Mobility! Ocklawaha is Robert Mann
    • LIGHT RAIL JACKSONVILLE
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 07:09:17 PM »
Charles wasn't that Scaff's? Or something like that? Thomas and Moses went to school with me and Thomas was killed hanging out the window of a car while joy riding... I heard a telephone pole removed his head. Moses was always a nice and much more quiet guy. There was also Gustafson's Dairy Farm and Skinners.

Charles Hunter

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 08:03:40 PM »
Ock, I think you are right about the name of dairy.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 08:35:05 PM »
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Charles Hunter

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2013, 08:50:23 PM »
Development planned in conjunction with the First Coast Expressway (fka Outer Beltway).

PATSY/AUTUMN

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013, 10:47:37 PM »
Back in the mid 60's my husband worked night shift in the freezer at Foremost.  He was a sight to see in the clothing they provided:  a pair of insulated pants and a parka. Boots that inflated which they called "Mickey Mouse" boots.socks under the boots.  Can't remember if there was anything else.
There were a few pranksters that would remove the employees street clothes from their lockers and put them on the blowers.  When they were frozen, they would drop them on the floor to see them break.  I never realized clothes could break.

BackinJax05

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2013, 03:17:50 PM »
Remember when Ray Stevens was the pitchman for Farm Best, and later Fla-Vo-Rich? (descendants of Foremost) I can stil hear him singing the jingle: Fa-ARM Best...Freshness to our FA-mi-LEE to yours! When Farm Best became Fla-Vo-Rich, he sang: Fla-VO-Rich... Freshness to our FA-mi-LEE to yours! OK, I admit it: I watched alot of TV back in the day.

PATSY/AUTUMN

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2013, 05:46:19 PM »
Strange, I can't remember that.   I remember he ones with Eddie Arnold.