Author Topic: Fantasy football  (Read 89183 times)

JaxJersey-licious

Re: Fantasy football
« Reply #525 on: August 20, 2019, 11:54:16 PM »
Good ol' Patrick Mahomes. i will keep him...and love him and pet him and squeeze him and call him George!

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #526 on: August 21, 2019, 12:22:01 PM »
Wow. We are going ‘Of Mice and Men’ humor now? The class of this league just went way up.

I will be going with Chubb (11th)as my keeper.

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #527 on: August 21, 2019, 01:21:09 PM »
Wow. We are going ‘Of Mice and Men’ humor now? The class of this league just went way up.

I will be going with Chubb (11th)as my keeper.

Let me bring 'class of this league' back down to where it needs to be...

I'm not keeping anyone.  After the collapse last year, we're cleaning house.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

JaxJersey-licious

« Reply #528 on: August 21, 2019, 04:37:21 PM »
The class of this league just went way up.

The rumors of the class of this league going way up have been greatly exaggerated  ;D

tufsu1

« Reply #529 on: August 21, 2019, 09:55:32 PM »
I will start the Keeper game by reserving Justin Tucker

Your Ravens homer-ism knows no bounds.

maybe so - but locking in the best kicker with an 8th round pick seems entirely reasonable

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #530 on: August 23, 2019, 08:40:35 AM »

I like Tuesday the 3rd, 7ish. Does that work for others? I say we just do Southern Grounds again for anyone who wants to meet up.

Based upon no other input, I am taking this as the Draft plan. Once again, I hope more show up as putting a face on the victims of my repeat will make it much sweeter. Since the draft is such an event now for the NFL, I expect some non players will probably want to show up to get exposure to greatness. That is fine but all I ask is that you respect my boundaries when it is my pick.

Lucasjj

« Reply #531 on: August 27, 2019, 09:13:46 AM »
Draft is set for next Tuesday (9/3) at 7PM. For those who want to meet up, I am suggesting Southern Grounds again.

Here is the latest with keepers. I need to get keepers from several people still.

riverside_mail

« Reply #532 on: August 30, 2019, 04:10:30 PM »
Please set DeShaun Watson as my keeper.

Lucasjj

« Reply #533 on: September 01, 2019, 03:55:07 PM »
Do to the hurricane I don't think anyone will be meeting for the draft. I plan to keep it scheduled for Tuesday evening. Obviously if you don't have internet and or power drafting may be difficult or you just may have more important things than fantasy football to deal with. Either way, auto drafting may be popular this year. It may be wise to go in and adjust your que if you want to safeguard how the auto-draft would go.

I will update keepers and draft position tomorrow. If you don't have a keeper into me before mid-day tomorrow, I am not guaranteeing you will get one.

Be safe everyone.

Lucasjj

« Reply #534 on: September 03, 2019, 01:08:09 PM »
Draft order and keepers are set. Any keeper changes or selections are not guaranteed to happen prior to the draft at this point.

updated image
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 06:10:25 PM by Lucasjj »

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #535 on: September 03, 2019, 01:10:16 PM »
Do to the hurricane I don't think anyone will be meeting for the draft. I plan to keep it scheduled for Tuesday evening. Obviously if you don't have internet and or power drafting may be difficult or you just may have more important things than fantasy football to deal with. Either way, auto drafting may be popular this year. It may be wise to go in and adjust your que if you want to safeguard how the auto-draft would go.

I will update keepers and draft position tomorrow. If you don't have a keeper into me before mid-day tomorrow, I am not guaranteeing you will get one.

Be safe everyone.

Here we go. Draft day.
League hasn't even started yet and all ready teams afraid to face the Treydery. 20 mph winds tonight? In Siberia, we say gesundheit. In America, you shut down city. No surprise after 2 years of collusion hoax. Wait, now it is obstruction. I remember when Americans had a real leader and only obstruction we worried about was an ICBM up the ass.
I was ready to relive my championship in this post but now I am just embarrassed it took my 3 years to win this league. So let’s makes this as brief as a lead against me.
134-17
131-68
148-109

What are those numbers, you ask? Just the playoff scores when I went all Dorian on your Bahama teams. There’s the only Hurricane landfall of recent memory around here. But it’s ok, stay in your safe spaces tonight...maybe steal your dogs thunder blankets for extra comfort. I will be thinking of you tonight at Southern Grounds while I enjoy my pancakes and draft the roster which will...and I will “repeat” ( see what I did there) myself from a year ago...lead to red,white, and blue tears.

Pancakes for dinner,you ask? When you are bold enough to brave 20 mph winds, you can have whatever the hell you want for dinner.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #536 on: September 03, 2019, 06:01:35 PM »
I don’t think anyone was going but SG is closing early afterall

JaxJersey-licious

« Reply #537 on: September 03, 2019, 06:52:07 PM »
Due  to various scheduling issues I am forced to partake in 3 active online drafts tonight including this one so if I'm a little slow with  some of my picks, well...

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #538 on: September 03, 2019, 06:55:50 PM »
You're not alone. I have a couple tonight myself.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #539 on: September 03, 2019, 08:20:00 PM »
Damn... I completely forgot about this today.

I guess my forgetfulness pays off since I was given SMM's keeper.

Not sure how you wanna work this one out, but I'm open for suggestions.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams