Author Topic: Suburban Jacksonville: Flagler Center  (Read 1708 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Suburban Jacksonville: Flagler Center
« on: June 05, 2013, 03:01:48 AM »
Suburban Jacksonville: Flagler Center

Originally known as Gran Park, Flagler Center is a 1,022-acre business park near the Interstate 95/St. Augustine Road interchange in Jacksonville's Southside.

Full Article
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2013-jun-suburban-jacksonville-flagler-center

copperfiend

Re: Suburban Jacksonville: Flagler Center
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 05:30:01 AM »
"Citicorp' $93 million center opened in 200?"

If that was a question, it was 2005.

Overstreet

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 08:41:49 AM »
Isn't Coach, the handbag people down there too?

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
  • Monster of Mobility! Ocklawaha is Robert Mann
    • LIGHT RAIL JACKSONVILLE
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 09:14:55 AM »
A true asset to our community and a great model for the future. Flagler Center provides miles of wide beautifully landscaped boulevards, rail sidings and many attractive locations for business and industry. It's a far cry from the helter-skelter pop up and planlless mess seen on much of the west side. Jacksonville could easily use a dozen more! And no, I don't own stock in the company, LOL  :D

JayBird

• Back in home state - After living in Jax 10 years
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 09:37:13 AM »
Isn't Coach, the handbag people down there too?

I believe they are still up at the Tradeport and to my knowledge they have no plans to move.  They currently have an 850,000 sq foot distribution center that is the only one serving the US.  According to SEC Filings (2012 10-K), the lease expires in 2015 but is "expected to be renewed with no affect to operations".  However, they did state in their first quarter earnings this year that they were exploring the possibility of expanding or relocating their customer service operations.

Maybe they've been mentioned as locating a call center in Flagler? However I interpret a relocation to mean offshore.
Proud supporter of the Jacksonville Jaguars.

"Whenever I’ve been at a decision point, and there was an easy way and a hard way, the hard way always turned out to be the right way." ~Shahid Khan

http://www.facebook.com/jerzbird http://www.twitter.com/JasonBird80

urbanmythx

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 02:53:52 PM »
I work at Baptist South there but I live on the Westside. Long commute that is not easy on public transport. If there were quick dependable public transport, I would use it.

urbanmythx

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 02:56:48 PM »
I see signs for food trucks there fairly often. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to eat my lunch at one.